New Hood Struts Installed

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Since I have the Tru-Fiber hood, I had to change out my hood struts and went with the California Pony Cars and got them from artsperformanceparts. I had very good results in dealing with artsperformanceparts, great communication, fast shipping, and a great price.

The CPC hood struts were easy to install and I did the install without any help. Compared to the "Redline" struts I had before, these need more help in lifting the hood, but other than that, they are great. Plus they take up a lot less space and makes it easier to work on your car.

Thanks artsperformanceparts for supporting S197forum.

They come in different colors to match your car.
Hood%20Lift%20Kits%20-%20Complete%20set.jpg%201.jpg

DSC06729.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like them, I looked at them the other day but wasn't sure how well they would hold up the hood since they mount so far back on the hood.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
From looking at the second video it doesn't look like they do hold it up to well.

I does the job, you just have to lift the hood almost all the way up. Once it's up the struts hold the hood just fine. That's the main thing you want right.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's the price on these? I was looking at them the other day but now I can't find them again, I am thinking about getting these when I get a cowl hood.

JDs Performance

forum member
Reaction score
Ed
thanks for the plug they are the hood struts by California Pony Cars which make them for Tryfiber just pm what color and I will get you pricing for those interested

MSgt46270

Reaction score
One one thing about these struts, if you ever do change hoods these will work with everything out there.

topbliss

Reaction score
I have the same set on my car with a stock hood and they work a whole lot better. I used to design those for the big three out of college and I can def tell you that the gas spring pressure is too low in those gas springs for your hood. In a year or two, it will not hold up your hood.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I too have the same set on mine, painted to match, and they've never failed after nearly 4 years. Best $100 I ever spent on mods.

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got the orginal Redline Tuning hood struts and they work pretty well. The issue with them is that they take up to much room when trying to work on the car from the side, have to use rivets, it doesn't lift the hood as high as the one's above, and doesn't work well with aftermarket hoods. The only positive is that I do have my stock hood still, so it works fine, and you only have to lift it up a bit then it automatically lifts the entire hood by itself.

I'm really digging the one's Ed has above, even if you do have to push it up all the way. It displays sooo much more of the engine when the hood is up, and really seems to help with working on the car more easily. My thing is that I need some new hood struts, but they need to work with a fiberglass hood. Anyone have these hood struts with a Steeda or Kaenen cowl hood? Any bending in the hood when it's closed? How long have they been on?

I just don't want to go back to the stock hood prop!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back