New personal best with mild bolt ons.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
What class are you running at Commerce? I am thinking about running True Street just for fun.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
JDM Super Stang ,There will be four of us from DAVAD Motorsports down there racing that class.

You should run that class with us, it's a pretty cool class and a good bunch of people.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Is that Saturday or Sunday? Like I said, I am a track virgin so I don't want to embarrass myslef too much, lol.

BlueByYou

Tuscarora Native American
Reaction score
You should have more in it. I've gone a tad quicker with less parts but with less weight, 3450lbs with me in it. I just ran my PB a few weeks ago, a 12.34@111 mph. I just haven't posted my time slips yet or updated my sig. I'll update everything soon just been busy working.

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
You should have more in it. I've gone a tad quicker with less parts but with less weight, 3450lbs with me in it. I just ran my PB a few weeks ago, a 12.34@111mph. I just haven't posted my time slips yet or updated my sig. I'll update everything soon just been busy working.

How do you like them hoosiers and what kind of 60' are you cutting? Was that with the 3.31's?

BlueByYou

Reaction score
I like the Hoosiers,there pretty sticky and yes all my runs have been with the 3.31 gears. My best 60ft has been a 1.78,but they average 1.81-1.85. There's a really fine line with my launch RPM with these 3.31 gears. Below 4000 rpm,i bog, above 4500,i spin. These tall gears need a little wheel spin to get going,but not too much or it shoots side ways through the 60ft clocks.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
You should have more in it. I've gone a tad quicker with less parts but with less weight, 3450lbs with me in it. I just ran my PB a few weeks ago, a 12.34@111 mph. I just haven't posted my time slips yet or updated my sig. I'll update everything soon just been busy working.
Well , rule of thumb tells us 1 tenth per 100lbs.Thats what people tell me anyway. So I guess if I were the same weight as you I would be running 12.20s. LOL.
Your car is making some power ,with that gear.

BlueByYou

Reaction score
The only weight reductions i do before i go to the track is remove the passenger seat and all the stuff in the trunk,spare tire,jack,ect.I'm 6'3 and weigh 240lbs so every ounce helps me!! Loose alittle weight first before you start spending money.Do little stuff too,like a short belt (a tenth),55psi in the skinnies up front(Track only!) Reduces rolling resistsance. Thin oil in the engine(0w-10 for me). Plus let the engine cool for an hour between each run. Every little thing adds up!

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I tried the shortbelt and didn't gain crap. 2 passes with and 2 without. I think I actually ran a tad faster w/ long one that day. Wish I'd seen a gain with out it.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
I still take the car to alot of car shows and drive it on nice days. I don't think I'll pull the interior out for a tenth.
I had the LCAs and brackets installed yesterday @ DAVAD Motorsports so we'll see if that helps knock a tenth or so off.

BlueByYou

Reaction score
My car is my daily driver and removing just the front seat and trunk gear is for the track only. Takes me 15-20 min. the easiest tenth you'll ever work for!! Plus us all-motor guys should be set on KILL anyway when we show up at the track,were there for lowest possible ET right??....thats what i'm there for. How's your milage with those 4.10's? I've got BBK long tubes and 4.10's in the garage waiting in the wings.

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
I got 27mpg on my way to the Bradenton Race and that was on the race tune. Most of the time when I go to the track ,my wife or oldest son goes along so the seat needs to be there.

BlueByYou

Reaction score
I got 27mpg on my way to the Bradenton Race and that was on the race tune. Most of the time when I go to the track ,my wife or oldest son goes along so the seat needs to be there.
Thats great mpg!! What speed did you average? I understand about the seat,but honestly,i make my girlfriend ride in the back seat! LOL!! Great looking car by the way!! I've got some video of my car on YouTube but haven't put up here yet, type in BlueByYou07 in the seach box on YouTube and you'll see all my track vidoe's. I even have one out running a supercharged Caddy CTS-V!

Last edited:

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
GREAT times man! These S197s are moving with the right mods and drivers. I am really digging the one piece driveshaft + slicks and skinnies combo. Those add great value to drag racing!!! Keep them coming guys. 112mph trap = AWESOMENESS!!!! :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back