New Saleen Mustang unveiled

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
New Saleen Black Label (top of the line) Mustang unveiled last night in California. Supposed to be around 750hp. Totally redesigned front end. The addition of a body colored B pillar is a nice touch IMO. The paint is a custom Saleen color:

h2y5e0s.jpg

lcRxjS6.jpg

PsENC9d.jpg

3DRWi4b.jpg

YsPDd5K.jpg

ujq8Ndp.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought Saleen was bankrupt?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yup... still won't "grow on me" like people said it would.
Not horrible looking but eh

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I thought Saleen was bankrupt?

Yeah I thought so too?

Vehicle tuner Saleen looks to be in some serious financial trouble, with a recent quarterly report filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission revealing the dire situation. According to the report, Saleen had just $7,261 in cash as of September 30, 2014, and liabilities totaling more than $7 million—including unpaid wages, payroll taxes and bank loans.

Incredibly, total assets for the company, including property and equipment, is less than $1.4 million, and cash has been bleeding to the tune of millions: Saleen incurred an operating loss of over $3 million in the past six months and burned through about $1.7 million in cash. The company has also defaulted on some of its obligations.

Saleen has just launched two vital products, a modified Tesla Model S known as the ST and a modified 2015 Ford Mustang known as the S302, and the company has said it already delivered some of those.

However, Saleen could be facing bankruptcy unless it receives new capital in the very near future. In fact, the company even admitted concerns about continuing as a going concern in the report.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Front looks like a fucking Dodge :yuck:

New Dart came to mind, and it isn't a good thing. It is not growing on me at all, not one part of the '15 style. Makes me appreciate my '13 more and more every time I look at it.

04DarkShadowGT

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I am biased but the 05 model change was the last of the good looking saleens. I would not buy a new one given the looks of the car and the financial status of the company. Who knows if they are going to be around to warranty that 700hp car.

It is a shame, at one time Saleen was a helluva builder.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I am biased but the 05 model change was the last of the good looking saleens. I would not buy a new one given the looks of the car and the financial status of the company. Who knows if they are going to be around to warranty that 700hp car.

It is a shame, at one time Saleen was a helluva builder.

This.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
At least the color is cool.

That wing is so overdone and oddly shaped...

stormtropper

Reaction score
Agree rear wing is supper thick and disproportionate. Would you pay upwards of 80k for that? You don't have to wonder why they are near bankruptcy.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Did this come off the set of the new fast n furious movie? It is hideous aside from the color.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score

I second dat this.

Wouldn't touch anything from a bankrupt company. What a train-wreck Saleen has been...Saleen > TechCo > SMS > Saleen...none of them have survived.

I think TechCo bought lot of the Saleen / SMS tooling and design...never understood the inter-relationships there...but none of them have had great success.

stormtropper

Reaction score
They have lost touch look at there products a tesla SALEEN??? 60k to 90k mustang?? 85k for mopars and chevys

04DarkShadowGT

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen should have never spent the money to design the camaro, challenger, or tesla products imo. I don't really think it expanded their market much. I don't see any of the other cars anyway.

I don't think their prices have really changed that much. The base model S281 in the S197 models was a 50K car and the SC was 60K. Extreme was 80-90K.

Really when you consider a new GT is probably averaging 40K right now 50K on a saleen or roush isn't too crazy.

stormtropper

Reaction score
Funny how they never lifted the hood or gave any details on suspension most car guys really want to know thar

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back