Newbie here, some Q's...

BigGunzCP

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
No0b here, trying to learn as much as can...

I just got a '05 GT (5sp) with some mods. Unfortunately, I don't know the whole history of the car because someone traded it in and the dealer didn't know everything about it. But, it has a Vortech (non-IC), JBA longtubes, O/R H, flowmasters, and Steeda Tri-ax. I have noticed the IAT is relocated after the blower and the car had a SCT X-cal 2 in the trunk. I just had fuel pressure and boost gauges installed, but its only showing about 5 lbs of boost. Is this because of the free flowing exhaust? How mush HP should it be making (est)?

Also, I am going to borrow a set of Mickey Thompsons this week to take it to the track. How robust is the drive train? Will it handle hard lauches stock?

Thanks in advance! :beer:

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
My only suggestion is to get the car to a tuner and make sure everything is running correctly, and safe. They should be able to answer you questions without est.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WELCOME !! Hey, I will leave the answers to your questions for the guys with alot of experience here but I will say dont be dissapointed with "only" 5lbs of boost, its probably because its not intercooled and they wanted to be safe. Its better than nothing and its there to be worked with! Have fun with the car.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
My only suggestion is to get the car to a tuner and make sure everything is running correctly, and safe. They should be able to answer you questions without est.

+1...Thinking I'd get it to a tuner and check everything out before beating on it. Hate for ya to make a window.:sick:

And welcome to the site. :bigbeer:

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Welcome to S197forum.

I agree also, get the car checked first before you hurt it.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MT DR's you should be fine.

Welcome to the site.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
welcome... and def get it to a good tuner to check it out.... the xcal should even have the shops name in it on start up if you wanted to go back there if it was custom tuned. which I suspect as Vortech send the Diablo with the kit usually

Darth Stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!

Your 5lbs is probably all you'll get until you put an intercooler on, otherwise, you'll burn up your engine. Yes, it seems simple minded...and it is, but it's also true. Why would anyone put a non-intercooled charger on their car?

I'll support the advice to get it to a good tuner, cause if the guy put on a non-intercooled charger, who knows what else he messed up...:samuri:

-Darth

DONTLIKEYOU

forum member
Reaction score
welcome..........and as they said getter checked out and if the tune is on with 5lbs you should see around 370ish rwhp (i think)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back