Whipple 4.0L Dyno Results on the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What's the race weight again?

We didn't weight the car but the only things that we've done that would save weight off of the car is the BMR K-Member, A-Arms, Radiator Support and Aluminum block. Besides that the car is factory down to the seats, A/C, sirius satellite radio, ect.) We've also added a little bit of weight to the car with the methanol system. There's a pump and 3 gallon tank in the trunk. The tank was completely full last night.

Jared

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. It's good to see someone else that knows dyno numbers mean squat especially when you're not comparing the data from the same dyno, same day, same conditions. FWIW we have been back the dyno since and made more power with the same setup however I'm not even going to post the numbers because they mean nothing. What matters is ET. Tonight we cracked off a [email protected] with the car going sideways in 2nd gear. We trapped 114mph in the 1/8th. That's with the same 4" upper pulley, C16 and still no Methanol. Now for those that still want to argue about dyno numbers I put up the challenge for them to go and match those times first and then we'll talk. For now we're gonna work towards making it in the 8's with the 6 speed.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

omg! 9.6's? on a stock 6 speed too? wow man that is flying. I can't wait to do my 4 valve build... my car is stupid light too lol

What gears you guys running 3.73's?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's pretty damn good for no more than you guys had the car out, good luck with your 8's. I can't wait to see a similar setup in your car Matt since you keep getting lighter, well until you put in all that weight for the swap.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...It's good to see someone else that knows dyno numbers mean squat especially when you're not comparing the data from the same dyno, same day, same conditions. ....

Which is pretty much what the line of thought of this board has been from the beginning. We have preached that to internet and bench racers for a couple of years now.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome times, and I agree with the videos needed post!!!!!!!!!!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Photo's compliments of Steve Peddicord. Thanks Steve!

Trackday.jpg

Trackday5.jpg

Trackday1.jpg

TrackDay3.jpg

Trackday4.jpg

IMG_4356.jpg

GI Joe

Reaction score
I'll tell you what...he did a good job of reeling it back in...that bitch was headed straight for the wall when he pulled 2nd. I dont know if its the mismatch of radials on the front or the tire pressure too high in the rear ( because it spun more than I like to see off the line ) or if it needs an anti roll bar to preload one side or what, but it made a nasty move there...it could have been the track too.

Branman

forum member
Reaction score
My favorite 2010 gt500 by far. You guys got a kick ass car. I would love to see that thing in person. I dont think the videos do it justice. Once you guys get her dialed in, 8s should not be much of a hurdle lol.

carbd86gt

Lethal Performance
Reaction score
I'll tell you what...he did a good job of reeling it back in...that bitch was headed straight for the wall when he pulled 2nd. I dont know if its the mismatch of radials on the front or the tire pressure too high in the rear ( because it spun more than I like to see off the line ) or if it needs an anti roll bar to preload one side or what, but it made a nasty move there...it could have been the track too.

Dave,

Seems that the issue is the Eibach Sportline springs are not going to work with the power the car makes. On the launch and 1-2 shift, the car is bottoming out and unloading the rear tires. The car never made the move before because it still had the stock diff and 1 tire fire, but now with the spool, it seems to be more noticeable. Stock springs are going in over the weekend and we'll be hitting up the track ASAP.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Dave,

Seems that the issue is the Eibach Sportline springs are not going to work with the power the car makes. On the launch and 1-2 shift, the car is bottoming out and unloading the rear tires. The car never made the move before because it still had the stock diff and 1 tire fire, but now with the spool, it seems to be more noticeable. Stock springs are going in over the weekend and we'll be hitting up the track ASAP.

oh I see I didn't look close enough to realize that the car had been lowered. yep the instant center is too short. Might get away with that on an auto but not shifting. Thats an easy fix...its a fast row boat thats for sure...

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Jared , Great Job you guys hope to see you at the track this week .

By the way what rear shocks do you have , are they double adjustable ?
If you can control the amount of rebound on the shock and keep it squatted longer and come back slower it would take care of the 60ft.

Pete

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Jared, no plans in testing the Eibach's Drag Launch Springs?

Thats an incredible car!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We've also added a little bit of weight to the car with the methanol system. There's a pump and 3 gallon tank in the trunk. The tank was completely full last night.

Jared

Why such a big tank ? What size/number of jets ? Just wandering I have a 1-1.5 gallon and was told it would last a damn good while even with a triple nozzle ( 2-7gph and 1-10gph ) Mad props man that was a insane run I think I would have shit my pants if I took a shift to the wall like that lol .

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
I have been impressed with this car from day one, and I have been following the thread. Some of the posts on here have been unbelievable. Jared and the team at Lethal have always been nothing but great to me and given me great service and apparently they build one bad ass car. Good job guys.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Any updates? Been awhile since ive heard anything about the car

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
She's about to make a comeback!

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back