No way! 5.0 over GT500?????!!!!!

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
How do the oil companies justify record profits in the middle of the worse economy since the great depression? They can't.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score

John Mihovetz over at Accufab and another tuner PPR, built a 5.4 Ford GT motor of untold power levels that did 250 mph in one mile at a mile event. Rumor has it that the car has at least 1600 rwhp, and Johns 4.6 4V motor has over 2300 hp. So as of right now the 5.0 is at least two rungs down the ladder if not 3. The 3V also has made more power than the 5.0 as of this point.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The oil companies get less than 25 cents a gallon profit. 7.6% profit margin. The national average is around 9.2% for all companies. It's our country's energy policy that forbids them to drill on our land and in our own seas that will increase the supply and drive the price down. In fact the President is being held in contempt of court for his moratorium on gulf drilling. Combine that with the turmoil going on in the middle east which is a threat on future supply and the price will rise to make sure this country doesn't run out. Here's another approach. Would you rather pay $5 a gallon and fill your tank or wait an hour, pay $3 a gallon and be told you can get only 3 gallons today. Come back tomorrow and do the same thing.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Not getting into an R & D debate, it's a fact that when gas prices went through the roof oil companies made record profits.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
There is a 42 cents tax in MD on one gallon of gas. And they are trying to raise it 10 cents more because they spent the transportation fund on entitlements. Until the majority of Americans understand that government is mostly responsible for these high gas prices keep bending over at the pump. Or buy an 80k all electric Mustang and watch your electric bill do the same thing. Drill baby drill.

Last edited:

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
Ford-GT-Coming-Back-as-a-Hybrid-2.jpg

Nuff Said!

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Ford-GT-Coming-Back-as-a-Hybrid-2.jpg

Nuff Said!

TITS! :boobies:

I'd still rather have a GT500 over a 5.0, as much as I like the 5.0.

But these days, I have my eyes on a '11 Challenger 392, or the rumored new HEMI `Cuda in a few years hopefully, or a C6 Z06 (used, new is way too much). ;) However, if I can get a hold of a 60's mustang I'd choose that without a doubt. I hate modern car styling.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
TITS! :boobies:

I'd still rather have a GT500 over a 5.0, as much as I like the 5.0.

But these days, I have my eyes on a '11 Challenger 392, or the rumored new HEMI `Cuda in a few years hopefully, or a C6 Z06 (used, new is way too much). ;) However, if I can get a hold of a 60's mustang I'd choose that without a doubt. I hate modern car styling.

C6 Z06's are now at $40k and below it will chew up and spit out any pony car, but thats if you can handle not having a back seat.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Which is why the next gt500 should be a TT 6.2. Listening ford? Haha

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back