Noisy brakes?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
So here's a dumb question, one I probably should have posted on another forum, lol.

My brakes (Non brembo) seem abnormally loud. Under half pedal at slow speeds, they groan like nothing I've ever heard before. It's not grinding or squeaking like from worn pads I've heard in the past, and my pads look just fine. Stopping power is no problem at all. The car has just over 15K miles.

Anyone get the same noise?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Does it happen after rain or lots of water?

The last time we drove the car it was the loudest I had noticed it. I had washed the car before, but it had sat for a couple hours after the wash. A few days before that they were loud the night after driving it in the rain for the first time.

Hmmmm...just surface rust on the rotors maybe?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think it's the pad material. My brakes are whisper quiet until it rains. Then they groan. I replaced the pads and turned the rotors. Was good until it rained again. I don't worry about it any more.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha, maybe that's all it is then. I had noticed it a little bit here and there before (Only had this car for 1000 miles though) but this weekend was the only time it was loud enough to really get my attention.

My previous Mustangs didn't do that, but my '06 wasn't a DD either so it stayed out of the rain for the most part.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If it continues, then I would look further into it. Right now just take it easy for a few days and pay attention for the the noise.

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
Do you have brembos? I dont know if that makes a difference, but my Boss does the same thing. If it rains, even if I dont drive it until a few days later, it does this. I think it is normal and I dont worry too much about it.

Edit: Just reread, you dont have brembos. Either way I dont think it would bother me too much. I agree though, figure out what the circumstances are and go from there.

Last edited:

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
My car does the same thing - the brakes are LOUD to apply, especially at a stop. I've inspected the calipers a dozen times and everything seems fine, so I just say fuck it now. LOL

28ONE

Reaction score
Inspect your pads, surface rust on the rotor shouldnt cause that noise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back