Non Auto Pics You've Taken

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was looking through some old pictures on my PC and came across one I took back in 2008 on an early season camping trip when I went back to college. I had forgotten about this picture. Made me think we should have a non-car picture thread of photos we've taken that we want to show that we took. And a little info on the picture would be good too.

I took this just after waking up at about dawn. Was cold. Like less the 40 degrees. It was April in the Adirondacks on Long Lake (I think that was the name). It is a lake that has not seen engine powered craft in decades. Some may not know it, but a big chunk of northern NY is deemed forever wild. As in near zero input from man in upkeep or improvement. Anyways here's the picture I took. I know it's big but these kinds of pictures deserve to be full size. Share your pictures.

2gxo6c3.jpg

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Near my apartment.

rFts06u.png

JnqaRBr.png

Shot at night.

JR2WLnG.png

All pictures taken with my Moto X cellphone. Not bad.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Love that angry looking turtle. I've seen it posted before. Makes me laugh a little for some reason.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think there is a thread for this already in the hobbies

I tried to find any thread similar but didn't find anything. Fail on my part.

I see a couple threads on teaching photography, as well as a thread for one person to post their best pics, but nothing really like this. I think this is the perfect place for this particular thread, i.e. non S197 media (pictures).

I won't derail this thread but I have been into photography for quite some time and literally have 100s. I will post some wildlife ones this time around, just these 5 and will let others post what they got.

15582252140_cb81462422_o.jpg

^^^this one was hard for me as I was on a kayak, and I had to put my oar down and balance myself while taking the pic, all the while worried that if I dropped the camera in the water, that was a lot of $$$

15582254700_730458c5cc_o.jpg

^^^^Mountain Goat on top of (I forget to lazy to look it up) in Glacier National Park in 2009.

15743358726_c55b6ff99a_o.jpg

^^^^California Condor, huge but ugly birds lol. But great to see in person.

15582258570_e1982ef12e_o.jpg

^^^The Bugaboos in BC, Canada. The only thing that I don't like about this picture is you loose the sense of scale on how big this place is. I am going to estimate that cliff on the right is about 1500 feet tall.

15582256090_bea128d551_o.jpg

^^^^ Lake Louise, Alberta Canada

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome nature shots. Someplace I have other pictures from the camping trip in my first post. I took several pictures from the top of a mountain. Literally. But without scale they pale in comparison to standing on that mountain looking out over the land. The camera just doesn't see it the same way the eyes do.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like this? I like this one because, as you say, its really hard to show accurately how vast some of this stuff is. But height is a little easier to convey I find:

15581895417_789d014acf_o.jpg

^^^^on top of Mt Siyeh, Glacier National Park.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I was always more into capturing social moments than anything else, which is why a lot of my non-car photos are of people in varying stages of inebriation...

DSC_0259 by bccass, on Flickr

DSC_0859 by bccass, on Flickr

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
fefd105b25f328fd42eedaaafa154c49.jpg

It may be ugly if you hate oil and gas but it was something that reminded me why I miss my home of northern Colorado.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This shot of my H/T was difficult to take and still get the colors right, with the minimal incandescent lighting in the room.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This shot of my H/T was difficult to take and still get the colors right, with the minimal incandescent lighting in the room.

Front.jpg

Damn that is what I want some day. I would love to watch movies in my own set up like that.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is my pride and joy. There's nothing like watching live sports on a 10 ft wide screen. I have spent many hours in this room both watching movies and listening to music. My hearing isn't what it once was so I don't listen to music that much anymore.

This is a shot of the front with the curtains closed. I had to use some additional lighting to get this shot, as there aren't any lights at that end of the room.

Curtains open, screen is 135 inch.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
....loading up the car and heading to Earl's to watch TV, movies, sports, whatever.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back