Noooo! Not again!

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012...-got-one-these-cars-could-be/?intcmp=features

Damn, back in 1974 I bought a 1972 911S Porsche. Really enjoyed driving it. Then, around the mid 90's, it became a sought after "collectable" car.
After that, not so much fun to drive...and people bugging me to sell it to them became a PITA because they were not enthusiasts...just folks who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing. In 2007, I finally passed it on to a dear friend who lives in Istanbul. Gave him a half price sale and he gave me a promise it would never leave Turkish soil, keeping it out of the hands of these people I couldn't stand.

The plus for me is that I won't live long enough for the 2009 Bullitt to become a collectable..I'm 68 now. It's a DRIVER for me.

Also, I've learned to take these "predictions" with a grain of salt. They are often as wrong as right.

Last edited:

Blue Meanie

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to worry about it. Bullitt is a really nice car, but in the end it's just a green Mustang.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So my car will only lose 85% of its value instead of 90% over the 10 year period I expect to own it? :snoopy

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If only because Pontiac tanked.

Of course. Plus they only made a handful of them and they are pretty cool little cars. For those reasons they will be collectable.

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
Writers and editors love to compose lists that predict the future...

Much of it turns out to be not so accurate.

It's the market that really decides collectability.

mot250

forum member
Reaction score
Obviously the green ones will be worth 2x as much as the black Bullitts.

Are we assuming the green Bullitts will be worth more because they are green or should we figure the lower production figures of the black Bullitts might drive their value up (I'm just guessing the black ones sold in lower numbers)?

Not the it matters much to me, I don't have either one.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Are we assuming the green Bullitts will be worth more because they are green or should we figure the lower production figures of the black Bullitts might drive their value up (I'm just guessing the black ones sold in lower numbers)?

Not the it matters much to me, I don't have either one.

I was being facetious.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
When I was shopping for my '08, the dealership had a green Bullitt on the showroom floor. I can honestly say that in spite of having considered buying it instead of having my GT built to order - I have no regrets whatsoever.

It would have ended up as my daily-driver and occasional autocross/track day car just like the GT has. So would any other car on that list, for that matter.

Oddly enough, the G8 (in any manual transmission guise) came up as a possibility a year or so later when we were doing a little research going into the purchase of my wife's latest DD. But it kind of fell off the list with Pontiac's imminent demise.

Norm

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wish now that I had bought the Pontiac G8 GXP I was considering back when I got rid of my Trailblazer. That's a lot of performance for a 4-door car and its styling is simply awesome! I love those cars and stare at them whenever I see one on the road.

However, I would of been in deep doo-doo when the 5.0 Mustang came out in 2011. I had said for years and years that if Ford ever made a retro Mustang, I'd buy it if they put a true 5.0L motor in it. When the 2005 Mustang hit the streets, I was in love with it! But the 4.6L didn't do it for me since I was a teenager in the 80's when the new Mustang GT's came out with a 5.0L. My dream car at the time was a Mustang LX 5.0. So when the 2011 came out with the 5.0L, I HAD to have it! My son would of been driving a G8 when he got his license and that wouldn't of been a good idea. LOL!

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
Sister in law had a G8 GXP. Thing rode like a dump truck. They may be collectible, but for a driver, not a great car.

I would take a Ford GT though, and if I had the means that would definitely be VERY high on my list.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would take a Ford GT though, and if I had the means that would definitely be VERY high on my list.

If I had the means, it would be at the top of my list.

whoapony

forum member
Reaction score
You got to remember, the 08/09 version is just a gt with a bullitt package. My 01 bullitt still isn't worth crap either, but it's fun to drive!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back