Not a good day....

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
You're working on your sons car and also signed in under your sons account here???? Cuz you start out speaking in first person then switch. Your avatar matches the car in the pic.

You sure this ain't a troll??? Jus askin. There's a dent on the door in the first pic under the mirror and I'm having trouble wrapping my mind about being able to get in the car, driving it and then things being revealed AFTER the fact. Hmmmmm..... You sure you didn't crash your car and forget? Lol

I'm not signed in as my son. I bought this car to build for my son last year. I gave him the car for his birthday. He works on it too. That is the car in the avatar.
I don't know what a troll is. The door is dented from the buckling from the fender. It wasn't there until I opened the door and it crunched. I didn't crash the car. Why would you say that?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Gotcha. Just checkin.

Check the lines on the top part of the fender where the hood and fender terminate by the windshield. Take a pic and show us what it looks like. That will tell us if the fender moved.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
My son lives with me half the time. I opened all of these accounts. Svtperformance, s197, modular fords, DOB I bought the car, a new forged short block, suspension and the main components of the DOB kit. He pays for parts and we usually work on it together. I never misrepresented who I was.
image.jpg1_8.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
image.jpg2_2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I understand. Sometime people post stupid things and the rest of the forum plays into it.

Eitherway, I would be more inclined to think the fender shifted backwards moreso than the door shifting forward.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
It's an oem fender that's modified. I don't even know what plane is.

This meaning of Plane, is which axis do the bolts locate on.

When loosening the bolts can the door hinges shift up/down in relation to the body, forward/back in relation, or in/out in relation.

Example of XYZ axis ilistrated

PNwDU.png

If it moves forward/backward its Z on that chart, up/down its Y, in/out its X

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Oh ok.. I get plane. This is the first s197 body I have worked on. So I don't know what plane the doors are on. I will take pics of the gaps in the doors from one side to the other. The car has a full bmr suspension from head to toe. I had to remove the a-arm brace to drop the transmission. While it was on stands everything bolted up with ease.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Yep. Look at where the door window is supposed to be riding on the window molding. Whodathunk??

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Well, that's better than a bent subframe. Looks really off on the window. Now that you mention it. The body work sucks on this car so I'm not surprised. The sunroof looks terrible.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
I have been a body and paint guy for over 30 years.

it looks to me like the door check, thing that holds the door open, wasn't bolted on properly, broke or not there at all and the door opened to far bending the hinges foreword.

I have seen this a LOT. especially on windy days.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
This is a follow up to the previous posts. My friend got in the car to check it out. Put the clutch in and then the car backed up and the door hit a tree. He's taking full responsibility for his mistake. Mystery solved. MRT2you. You were exactly right. Apparently he took the stang for a ride when I was in his house.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks. At first I figured since the fenders were modified that meant they were probably off the car at one point but after looking at those last pics the door is def off. I wonder how that could of happened....

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
This is a follow up to the previous posts. My friend got in the car to check it out. Put the clutch in and then the car backed up and the door hit a tree. He's taking full responsibility for his mistake. Mystery solved. MRT2you. You were exactly right. Apparently he took the stang for a ride when I was in his house.

What a dumb fuck he is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back