Not exactly tech but ...

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay, first of all, I still have the Stang. Sorta. It's currently in surgery mode and has been for about 5 weeks.

The S/C was removed and sent back to Saleen over a month ago for a bearing issue that they said they've seen in one other car besides mine. I'm so lucky to be #2. Meanwhile, I've been driving a rental car the entire time.

I've called twice and left messages, and sent an email trying to find out the status. If it weren't for Jim Jr at JDM getting involved, I wouldn't have found out that my part got lost in the warehouse and then they shut down for inventory for 3 weeks, then took a holiday break. Thank God I'm not still making payments on a car I can't drive.

SO, here's what my question to all of you Saleen parts owners.....is this typical service from Saleen, and who wants to start taking bets as to when I will actually get a returned call from someone directly connected to Saleen? I'll bake a loaf of homemade banana chocolate chip bread for anyone here who can actually get a real answer from Saleen, or get them to call me back. I love my S/C, but....

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So customer service is not priority #1, eh...

Sorry to hear about the way you're being treated. I wish I had a solution or you

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've heard that their customer service was somewhat lacking, it seems that rumor was correct.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Josh and Kevin at PMP had some dealings with Saleen. I don't think they even bother with them anymore. Seems like Saleen only want to deal with JDM and some other big hitters...not the up and coming shops nor customers. However, some guy from Speedlabs always seems to chime in over at ModFords trying to take care of customers.

J

jbailer

Hi Liz! When I first installed my Saleen blower back in spring 06 I had an issue with the cap on the intercooler resevoir leaking. I called their tech line. They answered the phone right away and were very good to work with. Since then I've tried to call them regarding the efficiency of the intercooler, I've left messages and sent emails and nobody will answer. I don't know if they are closing down, I doubt that, but their customer service has gone down hill for sure! -Joe

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Give Ernie a call at HCM (vendor). I know he has contact(s) (Carlos) at Saleen. He's even sponsored by Saleen. He might be able to help you or get more information for you.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i had an accident with my car last year, and it took saleen 6 months to send my side skirts. 6 MONTHS!!!!!. and this wasnt even to me, this was to a body shop who was repairing my car. They were ordered 2 days after the accident and didnt get there till all of the other work was done. I actually picked my car up with no side skirts because i couldnt wait any longer

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saleen is famous for their shitty customer service. I remember about a year ago getting an email from them wanting me to take a survey asking if I thought their service had improved. My response was less than positive.

At one point in time I had Carlos's direct phone number and email address. But they were as worthless as calling the main line. At least if you call the main line you get to hear the hot sounding Brit chick before you get lost on hold.

jcsuli74

Reaction score
my local hi-po ford dealer dropped Saleen because the quality had become crap and they couldnt get any parts for the cars. the parts guy said that they actually hung up on him in the middle of a large order (after he finally got through) but the up side is now that they have dropped the Saleen brand they have added the Steeda cars to their lineup....

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Carlos was the man I was referred to, and left a message on his voice mail today. I'm gonna keep trying to get ahold of someone, if not just going thru Jim Jr again, since I got my blower thru JDM. Not his problem but he's certainly making an effort for me. And I'll give Ernie a shout too. The more, the merrier. Hearing that the Irvine facility may be closing, is not a good sign.

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Carlos was the man I was referred to, and left a message on his voice mail today. I'm gonna keep trying to get ahold of someone, if not just going thru Jim Jr again, since I got my blower thru JDM. Not his problem but he's certainly making an effort for me. And I'll give Ernie a shout too. The more, the merrier. Hearing that the Irvine facility may be closing, is not a good sign.

Jr. Will take care of it for you Liz.

Irvine is closed but Speedlab is opening up a 35,000 Sq.ft. Facility here in Texas close to Houston in the near future.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Say their name three times and look who appears:clap:

See the next post below

L

Losman

Sorry

c-liz-go,

Again I apoligize for the delays and as soon as I have an answer I will be calling you back. I will also need a copy of the rental and you can fax to 949-597-4917.

For the record... Saleen is not closing its doors but going through a complete change over on production sites from Irvine to Troy. Irvine will turn into the aftermarket section and Troy will be production. We were closed last week and the timing for all this could not of been worse.

Dyno joe,

nice run!!! but we are not closing!!!

thank you,

Carlos
saleen employed 11 years and still have my hair!!!

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
c-liz-go,

Again I apoligize for the delays and as soon as I have an answer I will be calling you back. I will also need a copy of the rental and you can fax to 949-597-4917.

For the record... Saleen is not closing its doors but going through a complete change over on production sites from Irvine to Troy. Irvine will turn into the aftermarket section and Troy will be production. We were closed last week and the timing for all this could not of been worse.

Dyno joe,

nice run!!! but we are not closing!!!

thank you,

Carlos
saleen employed 11 years and still have my hair!!!

Glad to hear I am wrong. I wanted to see the shop, and now I guess I still can.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we have a happy ending here!! Carlos called me today, and the blower will be on its way this afternoon.

Thank you Carlos, for taking care of this yourself, and contacting me directly. Looks like YOU'RE the one who gets the loaf of banana chocolate chip bread, although I've never shipped as far as CA before. I'll be one happy camper to finally get my Stang back.

Case closed!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Losman is always on top of his game :rock:Glad to see your gonna be rolling soon again Liz!!!

JimIII

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back