Not ready codes after tune

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
My 2011 is Procharged and dyno tuned. I am running stock factory headers and cats. I plugged in my scanner and it shows 3 not ready codes. What could cause this ? And what can be done about it come emissions testing time ? Do I need to call my tuner for a revision ?

PS. Don't anyone start on the cats with the Procharger . I don't put enough miles on the car to worry lol.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
RTOM(Read The Owner's Manual)

You need to complete a drive cycle which is described in the Owner's Manual.

Oh, and search. This has been covered too many times.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
RTOM(Read The Owner's Manual)

You need to complete a drive cycle which is described in the Owner's Manual.

Oh, and search. This has been covered too many times.

Not the case. I had the car tuned over a year ago and just got around to checking the codes recently. There have been plenty of hours put on since it was tuned.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
:thud:

Just because you drove it doesn't mean you completed a drive cycle to "ready" everything. You have to do very specific driving conditions, for specific amounts of time.

Less posting, more reading.

Also, what are the 3 codes you are getting?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My tuner was able to eliminate the 'not ready' codes permanently in my tunes. I can swap tunes and then pull codes 5 minutes later and there's nothing. I understand not all tuners are capable of doing this but my tuner rocks! :snoopy

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
:thud:

Just because you drove it doesn't mean you completed a drive cycle to "ready" everything. You have to do very specific driving conditions, for specific amounts of time.

Less posting, more reading.

Also, what are the 3 codes you are getting?

I cant say what the codes are I was getting. I had the scanner on it before I put it away for winter and didn't notice specifically what the codes were.( actually the shop where I had my transmission installed plugged in a scanner and only told me there were 3 not ready's. They did this before disconnecting the battery to start any work)

And Geez. Less posting more reading you say ? I just started on this site and Im being flamed already.lol For your information, the car has been through about every conceivable driving condition, many times for extended periods.
But regardless Im not going to argue. I have only posted threads twice on this forum, so I have a hard time understanding your comment about "less" posting.
I was just asking if maybe anyone had similar situation with a dyno tune.

Last edited:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
I cant say what the codes are I was getting. I had the scanner on it before I put it away for winter and didn't notice specifically what the codes were.

And Geez. Less posting more reading you say ? I just started on this site and Im being flamed already. For your information, the car has been through about every conceivable driving condition, many times for extended periods.
But regardless Im not going to argue. I have only posted threads twice on this forum, so I have a hard time understanding your comment about "less" posting.
I was just asking if maybe anyone had similar situation with a dyno tune.

Sorry my "second" thread posting bothered you so much.

Dont mind him, he gets like this once a month. The best way for us to help, is for you to give us exact details. Being vage will not get you very far here. We are very factual, the more detailed facts we have the better we can assist. I would suggest going and pulling the codes and report your findings here.

Brought to you by tapatalk; 70k fuck yeah.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Ryan's just pissy because he's a short timer due to come home from Afghanistan in about 3-4 days.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Dont mind him, he gets like this once a month. The best way for us to help, is for you to give us exact details. Being vage will not get you very far here. We are very factual, the more detailed facts we have the better we can assist. I would suggest going and pulling the codes and report your findings here.

OK Beast, thanks. I have the car covered up right now and my cars are too close together to open the door properly so may not get any more information for you for a while . Once I do, I will post it.

Although I am not new to the car hobby, I am new to this OBD II stuff. But Im learning.

Last edited:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Ryan's just pissy because he's a short timer due to come home from Afghanistan in about 3-4 days.

Yup. You know he is chomping at the bit to kiss that fuggin sand goodbye! Glad to see him coming home, I need his addy so he can get some Christmas love.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
LOL OP, this is hardly what I would call flaming, especially coming from me. Like Beast said, we need specifics otherwise we can't do much other than give you an answer close to mine because so many times people with "Not Ready" codes have cleared them by completing the exact driving cycle in the owner's manual.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. You know he is chomping at the bit to kiss that fuggin sand goodbye! Glad to see him coming home, I need his addy so he can get some Christmas love.

So I presume Ryan is in the military. In that case, I take my hat off to him. I thought that his location post was a joke as I know some people like to do that. Now that I know "I" will lighten up. And try to keep my foot out of my mouth.lol

LOL OP, this is hardly what I would call flaming, especially coming from me. Like Beast said, we need specifics otherwise we can't do much other than give you an answer close to mine because so many times people with "Not Ready" codes have cleared them by completing the exact driving cycle in the owner's manual.

Ok. I understand. As Ive said, this whole OBD II thing is new to me.

I wish you a safe return home !

Last edited by a moderator:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Okay, I didn't know you've never really dealt with this stuff. It can be confusing sometimes. I don't mean to come off as a prick, I'm here to help with what I can, so thanks for not getting butthurt LOL. I'm just used to being blunt in my profession.

Thanks!

Let us know if you pull the codes.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best guess. Your rear O2 sensors are off. It causes a cascade effect for the sensors.

As Ryan indicted, searching would have gave you many ideas for a solution, try that first in the future.

Last edited:

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, I didn't know you've never really dealt with this stuff. It can be confusing sometimes. I don't mean to come off as a prick, I'm here to help with what I can, so thanks for not getting butthurt LOL. I'm just used to being blunt in my profession.

Thanks!

Let us know if you pull the codes.

No offense taken or harm done. I tend to be opinionated and blunt myself.lol Even when I have a lot to learn ( especially about OBD diagnostics)

If I can get the drivers door open I will plug the scanner in one of these days. But I have my other Mustang parked awefull close , and with 2 feet of snow drifted up against the garage door, I don't think ill be moving them anytime soon.
Besides, if all goes well I will be ordering longtubes this winter and the car will be going in for a retune. Donny Walsh in Wixom Michigan tuned it, so I will ask him about codes also, when the time comes.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let this be the end off the OT comments. I cleaned up the thread.

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
OP, as stated above, check with your tuner and make sure the rear 02's are not turned off.

With the 02's off, you will never complete everything. Also make sure you complete the drive cycles.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I have completed mine in 66 miles of driving. Remember that it is different driving speeds, so just driving on the highway wont work.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The drive cycle is listed in your owner's manual. I think it's in the emissions section. Don't have mine available but from what I remember it consists of a certain amount of nonstop highway driving then a certain amount of city driving with a few stopped while idling in between.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
The drive cycle is listed in your owner's manual. I think it's in the emissions section. Don't have mine available but from what I remember it consists of a certain amount of nonstop highway driving then a certain amount of city driving with a few stopped while idling in between.

I have done all of that. Im thinking the tuner turned off the rear sensors, thus causing the not ready codes.
As Im in he process of deciding on long tube headers, I think 'I will call my tuner and pick his brain a little.
I appreciate the input.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I have done all of that. Im thinking the tuner turned off the rear sensors, thus causing the not ready codes.
As Im in he process of deciding on long tube headers, I think 'I will call my tuner and pick his brain a little.
I appreciate the input.

A good tuner can lets say desensitize the rear O2s without turning them off so you can pass. I don't think it's exactly legal but probably done all the time. You may have to get a remote dyno tune from someone in the states if your tuner doesn't know how or wants to get involved. But I think with running the factory cats you can probably just have them turned back on.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back