Not shifting into 2nd at high rpms?

brady_f

D1SC
Reaction score
Anybody had any problems with shifting the M-82 from 1-2 at high rpms? Took the car to the track last night and could not get it to shift into second in 2 consecutive runs. Seemed as if it was locked out for some reason. I assumed it could be the skip shift, however the car has a BBR tune which should have eliminated that. Any ideas as to what it could be?

I got it into second on one pass shifting at about 4k rpms. The 1-2 shift still doesn't feel smooth even on the street though. Car has 800 miles on it. :asshat:

brady_f

D1SC
Reaction score
See I didn't know it was a typical issue. I just thought the grinding under colder conditions was the extent of the tranny issues.

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
The high rpm issues involved the clutch pedal sticikng to the floor, which has
been covered by a TSB. I had it, problem solved with the new pedal assembly.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Great. Hopefully I can get it into the dealership this week to get it fixed.
may want to look up the tsb, print it out and call them well in advance before dropping it off so they can order parts. my dealership had no idea about the TSB that i brought my car in for.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody had any problems with shifting the M-82 from 1-2 at high rpms? Took the car to the track last night and could not get it to shift into second in 2 consecutive runs. Seemed as if it was locked out for some reason. I assumed it could be the skip shift, however the car has a BBR tune which should have eliminated that. Any ideas as to what it could be?

I got it into second on one pass shifting at about 4k rpms. The 1-2 shift still doesn't feel smooth even on the street though. Car has 800 miles on it. :asshat:

So, it's still under warranty right? Maybe, you should take it to your dealership. I have a feeling they have all the answers you seek....

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
So, it's still under warranty right? Maybe, you should take it to your dealership. I have a feeling they have all the answers you seek....

Do you find it unreasonable that someone with a question about his/her Mustang would come to a Mustang website seeking answers?

brady_f

D1SC
Reaction score

Yeah your probably right, however the car is modded and I figured if it was something related to the tune or a quick fix that I could do, that I would just take care of it without having to deal with the dealership. :idea:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I had issue with mine not going into 5th at high rpm's. Then it became wouldnt go into 5th at all. They replaced my tranny cause a synchro went out. When they took out didnt have clutch or pressure plate issue. I knwo few others have had synchro go out also

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back