Now catless, hate the exhaust note.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
^ I am running the same setup, same model year car, same mufflers, factory back to the axle with the GT500 mufflers. Mine sounds so much louder than that. I think that these types of videos are really restricted by the recording device.

I would have been happy if mine sounded like that, but I am ecstatic that it is louder.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My son has a 2013 Mustang GT.
He went with a O/R H-pipe,removed resonators and GT500 mufflers.

Car sounds good at low RPM's, anything above 3500 RPM, it's raspy and LOUD.

He's planning to add some resonators to the car again.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
What resonators are y'all adding? I'm about to do cat deletes on mine and don't want it too loud. I have GT500s as well.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Dammit I'm about to put the same LTs on and midpipe, what changed?

Mid range full throttle didn't sound good at all. I was really surprised, they sounded great before the LTs. I am still running the factory resonators.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No X junk, No GT500 garbage, No rasp...:evil::onfire: lol

I almost feel bad for telling Darren about that poor red car. If i knew it was gonna be a garage queen id have kept my mouth shut! lol. Roush pay attention here, Darren is the one who is always calling the 3v garbage, lol thats why i said it.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
WAT DA FUK is up with everyone nutswinging the gt500 axle backs? They sound so weak. All I have right now is magnaflow comp axle back, muffler delete, and I love the way my car sounds.... the gt500s barely sound louder than stock.

UltraKlassic, car sounds much better in this video. First video you made in your thread sounded like just the fan.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
WAT DA FUK is up with everyone nutswinging the gt500 axle backs? They sound so weak. All I have right now is magnaflow comp axle back, muffler delete, and I love the way my car sounds.... the gt500s barely sound louder than stock.

UltraKlassic, car sounds much better in this video. First video you made in your thread sounded like just the fan.

It's been a while since you have heard a stock Mustang then. This is much louder than stock. It's also hard to beat the price of them.

And stock just for good measure.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't get how anyone can honestly tell me that the gt500 axle back gives an aggressive exhaust note.... I mean come on...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back