Finally a nice exhaust setup for my 3v

Reaction score
Finally pieced together an exhaust setup that I like. Not stupid loud, quality sound and absolutely dead quiet inside with no drone. Longtubes into custom X with magnaflow cats, 2 small vibrant resonators and Corsa sport axlebacks.

Longtubes with catted H and corsa was too raspy and tinny. Added resonators to have at least some form of adsorption of high frequenties. Didn't like it still, removed cats for shits and giggles; holy hell. Waaaaay too loud when I got on it. Exactly hurt my ears accelerating next to a wall or barrier. Today, I had a shop fab an X and put the cats back, along with tucking the whole exhaust up (tired of scraping). Im happy.

Accel

Decel

Daddycreswell

Reaction score
Got any picture of the setup from underneath? My son just bought an 09, and he wants to upgrade the exhaust to make it louder. Not sure what direction to go. Yours sound nice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rathair

Reaction score
Ya, that sounds nice! It’s similar to my setup but different companies make them. I installed Pypes stainless headers into a stainless x-pipe (I installed flowmaster cats in the x-pipe), finishing off with a 3” MBRP cat back exhaust all stainless. I installed the cats to get rid of the smell, but they also toned down the rasp. And the cat back took care of the interior drone. I like the colour of your car btw, black and yellow! Steelers baby!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back