O2 sensor help

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well my point was that Lito said they are calibrated differently. If they are interchangeable how can they different? I'm not sure which sensors I have where. I bought a few at a time and changed them out whenever. Can't remember which ones I put where but I use the BBK extensions for all four and I had to cut the tabs off a couple of the connectors. I always assumed the different color connectors and tabs was so you couldn't match them up with the factory harness in the wrong spot.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
What impedance are you talking about? Extensions don't require any tuning changes. Going to headers usually does. And those changes are to heater duty cycle and transport delay.

I've used extensions in the past as well as extended wires by soldering in longer wires. No issues either way. Just cut the tabs as needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well just that, they’ll take forever to warm up. Lito said mine took awhile to heat up because I made the whips wicked long.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
For me, this is a half assed Ford "solution" so to keep selling parts, I have the same feeling with the new slaves, they cost a third of the old ones.

I've had customers that bought the new sensors from Ford and had issues and ended getting NTK aftermarket ones.

I hope to be very off in this but it seems like Ford thought that "if the aftermarket sells shit and gets away with it, I can too", hope I am wrong in this.

Regarding the sensors, they were NOT interchangeable, I can see a front sensor working as a rear one but never a rear one as a front one, seen this first hand as people connected them incorrectly and they do not work as expected by the strategy.

46addict

Reaction score
Regarding the sensors, they were NOT interchangeable, I can see a front sensor working as a rear one but never a rear one as a front one, seen this first hand as people connected them incorrectly and they do not work as expected by the strategy.

This is what I understood from your first post. OEMs are guilty of cutting corners just like the aftermarket and I'm afraid the part number merge was not for functionality.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks @07gts197 and @lito for good advice will see once they are hooked up if i get any error codeshttp://www.s197forum.com/members/07gts197.166612/

Front OE vs NTK 22060

e5cc4287db8fece63c18079f5b25f90c.jpg

2f554becb2d488ea4740490dbc477792.jpg

9b24bda03cc5c6a8ad6a859bff44be9b.jpg

70fb3fe22fb9fcc12d4f0a552f6041e3.jpg

9bbeac6bcc484885ed32441fae5d8447.jpg

51697ffd252e30c47f10bccd4cd13bd4.jpg

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have one of those tools and just about threw it in the trash after trying to use it on the bank 2 front sensor. I bought one of those sockets that is pretty much a deep well with a slit cut in the side for the wiring harness. Much better imo.

Sammy

Reaction score
I want to replace all of my o2 sensors on my 2005 Mustang GT, I am about to install a Pypes O/R X Pipe and was hoping to change out the sensors at the same time. How many sensors are there in total? 3 or 4? I understand that 2 of the sensors are attached to the factory cats coming out of the downpipe. Are the sensors that are coming directly out of the factory cats the downstream sensors or the upstream sensors? Also what are the part Motorcraft part numbers for the sensors for the 05 Mustangs? DY 1039 and DY 1039? How many of each do I need to buy while putting in my cat delete and x pipe?

Thanks!

07 Boss

Reaction score
You only need the two if you are doing a cat delete, the two upstream sensors.

And get the NKT sensors, not the Ford replacements.

Sammy

Reaction score
Thank you brother. Much appreciated. My apologies for getting back to you so late. I've been trying to get rid of this damn P0053 code, I got it right after I had my freshly built 5r55s put in, so when I found out it was a bad sensor I thought I should just do the O/R X-Pipe while I was at it and especially if I was gonna get under the car, figured that I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Interesting, may I ask why the NKTs? Everyone I've previously asked including the guys at my local Mustang shop specifically suggested I purchase the Motorcrafts. Also, I noticed that on my particular Cat delete pipes (on the passenger pipe I believe) there are two holes for the O2 sensors. Does that mean I should close off one of them and get the corresponding tune done? Otherwise, I was wondering what exactly the second holes are for? I've attached a picture below for your reference. Thanks again man!

20010.jpg

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting, may I ask why the NKTs? Everyone I've previously asked including the guys at my local Mustang shop specifically suggested I purchase the Motorcrafts.

Motorcraft no longer offers the original sensors, previously they had 2 part #'s upstream and downstream and now they only have one part number for both locations

NGK/NKT still offer the original upstream and downstream and i was tolf they actually made the original OEM's for Ford, but never verified this

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Just to give some closure to this old thread...………….

The Ford Motorcraft replacement O2 sensors (part #GU2Z9G444A) are simply the Bosch part #15717 exact fit upstream O2 sensors that Ford is now using as replacement O2 sensors for both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors for 05-10 Mustangs instead of the NTK's (part #22060 upstream, #22500 downstream) listed in this thread that Ford did use as OEM when these cars were built.

Here is a picture of the Motorcraft part #GU2Z9G444A O2 sensor along w\ a picture of same sensor beside of a NTK part #22060 upstream O2 sensor for comparison:

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Just to give some closure to this old thread...………….

The Ford Motorcraft replacement O2 sensors (part #GU2Z9G444A) are simply the Bosch part #15717 exact fit upstream O2 sensors that Ford is now using as replacement O2 sensors for both the upstream and downstream O2 sensors for 05-10 Mustangs instead of the NTK's (part #22060 upstream, #22500 downstream) listed in this thread that Ford did use as OEM when these cars were built.

Here is a picture of the Motorcraft part #GU2Z9G444A O2 sensor along w\ a picture of same sensor beside of a NTK part #22060 upstream O2 sensor for comparison:

View attachment 70373

View attachment 70374

The reply below was all the closure this thread needed

No, the sensors that came originally in the car ARE NOT THE SAME. Ford is doing something weird with the sensors for the old cars, I have had customers get new batch sensors that Ford indicated as correct for the cars, not working.

Their calibration and characteristics are different.

Bosch should not be used in these cars AT ALL.

I would just get extensions and be done with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back