O2 sensors on a single turbo build.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a single turbo on a 2007 GT. The factory driver side exhaust manifold has a bung. Each of the pipes that run from manifolds to turbo have a bung. That leaves me one bung short. I think I'll weld two more bungs in so that I can install 4 O2 sensors and wideband AFR sensor. I'll then get some mini cats from big daddies for the rear sensors. Seems to me that location matters not for the rear sensors since there are no cats. I want the car to pass the emissions readiness test if ever needed. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I guess I could just go DP on the bungs available, but that seems wrong.

07 Boss

Reaction score
The only thing that you might have to worry about with the sensors are their locations is if they will heat up fast enough. You can get a fault code for the o2 heater circuit if the computer senses that it's not heating up fast enough.

MrBhp

Reaction score
The only thing that you might have to worry about with the sensors are their locations is if they will heat up fast enough. You can get a fault code for the o2 heater circuit if the computer senses that it's not heating up fast enough.

So put them shortly after the O2 sensors I would guess.
BTW, I was hoping you would reply. Thanks bud.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back