OBX headers and xpipe

CreamOnTheCob

Reaction score
So I have already looked through this forum and others, some blast people for these but it seems those who have this brand are fairly happy with them. My only thing is I saw a lot for the other older mustangs but not for the 2011+, so I am wondering if anyone with a 11-14 has these? My goals are not to have the fastest car or any of that, I just want a little more power and sound while I stay in a budget, I already spent a lot of suspension and tires. I did look at pypes (which i'm sure I should put a flame suit on for if I already haven't) and it seems there may be more who like the OBX. I'm open to anyone with any feedback even if you are just going to hate on them, but if you could give me the reasons behind your dislike instead of just saying they rip others off. Thanks!

The link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Long-Tu...stang|Submodel:GT&hash=item2a5708ab67&vxp=mtr

zeroescape

forum member
Reaction score
Can you go catless? Buying a offroad x or h will get you the gains you want cheaper than that.

CreamOnTheCob

Reaction score
Yes I will go catless and already have tuner so can tune for it right away. But I don't want to go with just a midpipe then want headers also and have to rebut it all. So figured if I can get a system for a good price overall I might as well get the headers too

zeroescape

forum member
Reaction score
they are catless

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Come With Cat Delete Resonator"[/FONT]

I meant just a catless mid pipe with stock headers. Best bang for the buck at $300 to $400 plus a tune.

I see your point not wanting to upgrade previous mods, but I think youll end up replacing these, roughly translated to english, headers sooner than you think.

A stainless off-road midpipe holds it value well and can be easily sold to upgrade to a quailty header system.

In the end you will only be 5 to 10 hp less than a long tube header setup, just buying a off-road mid pipe.

travelers

Reaction score
I remember reading that some guys having to loosen them up to remove their trans. So just keep that in mind.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back