Oil Breathers Uneven?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If your going to do the pcv delete? you must remove the pcv valve just as Jeremy has stated in this thread, otherwise, nothing is going to vent through the driver's side cam cover.

Jeremy, would you still recommend removing the PCV valve from the driver's side cam cover, even though my UPR can setup has an inline check valve along with having the CFM oil cap breather in place? Therefore, if you would still recommend removing it? can you walk me through step by step how to go about removing it and then how to go about re-sealing the PCV valve housing tube after cutting it open? Thanks once again, Rocky

Really no need to unless you want to vent better and/or going to a open setup.

All I did was basically cut out 3 sides of a square with a dremel and then pryed open the flap with a screwdriver. Once the valve was out I bent the flap back shut.

As mentioned earlier there are a few threads on ways to do it on the forum if you search.

I'm trying to not repeat myself over and over but as I mentioned the PVC no longer functions as designed when your boosted. Again watch the video I posted maybe that will help you better. The pcv is not a checkvalve and was never designed to have to fight boost pressure coming from the manifold going into the valve cover through the pcv valve. It functions the opposite way when na vac greater than 2-4" in the manifold going through the line to the pcv valve pulls out the plunger and shuts it.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I maybe didn’t state that in my last post, but I am absolutely going to remove my PCV.

My question was on the lines of instead of plugging the intake manifold (where the now pcv has been deleted). And instead using it to draw vaccum for my BOV.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page about the pcv valve removal. As for using the intake manifold to draw vacuum for your BOV? in theory, I would say probably yes, but rather than risk providing inaccurate info, I'd much rather have Jeremy chime in with his response, as he would be the best person to answer this for you IMHO.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back