I just installed this on our 5.0
axle%20overflow%20(2).JPG

Real quality piece and only $124.95

Bob's Axle Over flow kit

$125?? You are fucking insane.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a bit out of line for a basic overflow can. But then these guys are paying over $100 for a freaking oil/air separator (catch can) to hook on the valve cover vent tube. But at least that can be seen and their friends can gawk and admire the pretty, shiny, polished catch can.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
A bit uncalled for fellas. Search around for quality products before you talk smack.
You want cheap china built junk, you can get it, but don't be rude about USA made quality craftsmanship.

Choices are good.
Turkey baster or quality fix, you choose.

Thanks
Jay

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
You got a picture of what the resevoir tank looks like. I like the fitment position. Those bolts are pain to get out without removing the UCA aren't they or am I mistaken? Been awhile since I did my UCA
These 2 bolts are easy to get to with an extension and impact.

Attachments

• axle res 1.jpg
    axle res 1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 74

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
A bit uncalled for fellas. Search around for quality products before you talk smack.
You want cheap china built junk, you can get it, but don't be rude about USA made quality craftsmanship.

Choices are good.
Turkey baster or quality fix, you choose.

Thanks
Jay

So when the community (your potential customers) complain that a part is over-priced and over-engineered you tell them to shove it?

A better response would have been:
"I understand the issue with pricing however these are the reasons why.... I will look into less expensive alternatives."

You gain trust, respect and potential future customers because you are looking out for their best interests.

Customer service 101.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
So when the community (your potential customers) complain that a part is over-priced and over-engineered you tell them to shove it?

A better response would have been:
"I understand the issue with pricing however these are the reasons why.... I will look into less expensive alternatives."

You gain trust, respect and potential future customers because you are looking out for their best interests.

Customer service 101.
Do me a favor and don't put words in my mouth, ok?
8 years of honesty, quality products and service gained us the following we have.
Internet people being rude isn't cool and I'll freely speak my mind.

I refuse to make or find a "cheaper" product to sell it. I will not sell a prodcut I won't run on my car, period.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Do me a favor and don't put words in my mouth, ok?
8 years of honesty, quality products and service gained us the following we have.
Internet people being rude isn't cool and I'll freely speak my mind.

I refuse to make or find a "cheaper" product to sell it. I will not sell a prodcut I won't run on my car, period.

Really? Are you that stupid?

Let's talk quality for a moment with your product specifically. I bought a plastic CAI of your's to do some testing with at the track and to compare with the stock CAI and the Airaid CAI I already have. Your CAI is garbage in terms of quality in comparison to the Airaid. Issues I found are:

1. The heat shield design is cheap.
2. The tube quality is poor. I broke out the dremmel to smooth out the lip on the inside of the tube that attaches to the TB. I spent a good 30 minutes fixing this.
3. Have to drill on the tube for an auto to install the fitting.

On the Airaid I didn't have to do any of these things. They also have a dedicated box that couples perfectly with the CAI inlet and it directs air into the filter. You supply a shield that just wraps around the rubber coupler and directs air nowhere.

Anything else you want to discuss with regards to quality? :asshat:

Rest assured I will not buy another product of yours.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Really? Are you that stupid?

Let's talk quality for a moment with your product specifically. I bought a plastic CAI of your's to do some testing with at the track and to compare with the stock CAI and the Airaid CAI I already have. Your CAI is garbage in terms of quality in comparison to the Airaid. Issues I found are:

1. The heat shield design is cheap.
2. The tube quality is poor. I broke out the dremmel to smooth out the lip on the inside of the tube that attaches to the TB. I spent a good 30 minutes fixing this.
3. Have to drill on the tube for an auto to install the fitting.

On the Airaid I didn't have to do any of these things. They also have a dedicated box that couples perfectly with the CAI inlet and it directs air into the filter. You supply a shield that just wraps around the rubber coupler and directs air nowhere.

Anything else you want to discuss with regards to quality? :asshat:

Rest assured I will not buy another product of yours.

Man I like this Guy...lol

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are funny.
Got to love inter web fighters,
carry on

ZXMustang

5.0 4V Owner
Reaction score
You guys are funny.
Got to love inter web fighters,
carry on

Well what do you have to say to the comments wbt just put up?? Do you think hes lying about having to correct some parts of your product??

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have time to argue on the internet with someone who obviously wants to egg me on.
We stand behind our product 100%, if he had an issue he should have called.
Cheap heat shield? Well I guess that's a matter of opinion isn't it?
30 minutes to smooth out an inner lip? Sorry, on the thousands we've sold and installed I've never seen anything that needed smoothing let alone take 30 minutes
Drill a hole for an auto? Yes, rather than have 2 part numbers for our dealers we include an aluminum fitting for automatics and detailed instructions on how to "drill a hole" This is noted on the web site for all to read before purchasing.

I never from anyone about any of these issues. If it was so bad then why no call or let alone calls form the thousands of other customers out there? Trust me, if people don'tlike something they call.

You can't win an internet fight, so I'll check out now.
Have fun,but if anyone needs me my numbers all over then net. I'm here and can speak to you directly about any issue, big or small ;)

Thanks
Jay
Unsubscribed :hi:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Thanks
Jay

You keep referencing this as a "fight" of some sort. When in fact, it's merely someone voicing their thoughts or concerns about a product. Or rather, "freely speaking their mind." Something you yourself take the liberty to do, yet don't allow others the same freedom. And when they do, you take them as "inter web fighters", or "rude".

Then, instead of staying here and defending or standing behind your product, you tuck tail and run away. These are real concerns from current and potential customers that you just unsubscribed from. Way to go. :bravo:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you say that?
Cause simply he is never scared to tell it how it is. Be it another forum member or a vendor. Never scared to show some one there faults or lies etc. Yet also if you have a serious question or something he will help you out as well.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Jay on the point of if WBT had issues why were they not brought to JLT's attention before? Was a phone call, email or PM sent? Did WBT try to return the product for a refund since he was unhappy with it?

There was one concern from a customer that he addressed and as a vendor he is damned not matter what he does; if stays and defends he gets sucked into the he said/she said arguments and if he unsubsribes he is accused of running...what is he supposed to do and not piss someone off?

Jay has been producing his products for quite a while with very good results....I would think his reputation and product line speaks for him in high regard.

You can't please everyone and will drive yourself nuts trying to do so.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cause simply he is never scared to tell it how it is. Be it another forum member or a vendor. Never scared to show some one there faults or lies etc. Yet also if you have a serious question or something he will help you out as well.

This one could have been handled a lot differently...and I have also seen some of his threads where he has just stirred the pot.

Have you ever used a JLT product and if so have you had an issue? If you had an issue did JLT resolve it?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have time to argue on the internet with someone who obviously wants to egg me on.
We stand behind our product 100%, if he had an issue he should have called.
Cheap heat shield? Well I guess that's a matter of opinion isn't it?
30 minutes to smooth out an inner lip? Sorry, on the thousands we've sold and installed I've never seen anything that needed smoothing let alone take 30 minutes
Drill a hole for an auto? Yes, rather than have 2 part numbers for our dealers we include an aluminum fitting for automatics and detailed instructions on how to "drill a hole" This is noted on the web site for all to read before purchasing.

I never from anyone about any of these issues. If it was so bad then why no call or let alone calls form the thousands of other customers out there? Trust me, if people don'tlike something they call.

Have fun,but if anyone needs me my numbers all over then net. I'm here and can speak to you directly about any issue, big or small ;)

Thanks
Jay

I'll post up pics later. Your auto fitting is plastic, not alum as you say. It took me less time to fix a crappy molding issue than it did to call, complain, wait for a replacement, etc. I was content on not posting anything about it until your arrogance got the best of you in this thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back