Oil Separator Cans--Parts Lists/Sources Please!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1st of all it has to be somewhat restrictive in nature because of the size hose. 2nd, I think it was Peter who filled it in 2 days. If it gets full then the oil goes right back into the intake. Finally, there is no way that that filter element is as efficient as the large cell foam piece in the Stef's and I'm sure the Moroso.

Got it..now I gotta "sell" it to the wife...:samuri:

Q

qwkcoupe

Got it..now I gotta "sell" it to the wife...:samuri:

And it has officially begun :beer:

p.s. on a pushrod motor with EFI mustang valve covers and EFI intake the oil fill tube is where the PCV hose to intake hose attaches... so if you place the stainless mesh inside the oil fill tube, the oil mist collects on the stainless mesh and leaves only crankcase blow by with no mist being sucked into the intake.. without the stainless mesh I had tons of oil in my intake, with stainless mesh I had zero oil in my intake... all while allowing for and having a good high flow non-restrictive Postive Crankcase Ventalation system that I didn't have to ever empty out.

I'm going to go pop my hood and see if I can duplicate this, either way this solution in you guys have in the thread total rocks in my book

this is a cool thread. :victory: I didn't even know you buy those snap lock connectors off the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oil Separator Cans

These are the pics I posted on that other site awhile back. I conversed with Cali, Donny (damn! I can't believe he wants\needs to sell that sweet ride) and others about this for awhile and I ended up buying 3 different cans until I had the one I liked and like everything else I changed the design and parts a million times until I had what I wanted. I've gotten requests for the parts list and as Cali will tell you he sent me the complete list for his setup and I don't think I ended up with one part from his list on my car. Engineer types (MikeVistaBlue06) :) should love designing their own system. In fact if they want to PM me and come by I still have a can, clamps and hoses or 2 they can use. :)

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 47
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 51
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 45
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG