On-Car Adjustable Steel Panhards on Sale!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^^Off-centered rear end housing. If you aren't lowered very much, you can get away with running your stock one. I did for months before I got the FR PHB installed, but i am running Steeda Sport springs, which aren't extremely low. But if you are moderate to very low (i.e. Eibach Pro or Sportlines), you will definitely need an adjustable PHD to get your rear end back to center. If you were also running wide rear tires on a lowered car with the stock PHB, you could potentially get tire rub on the driver's side rear fender.

Last edited:

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I am dropped on ground force springs which I beleive is a 1.4 in the rear and I am running 11" wide tires on 18's and I have been on this setup for 94,000 miles with no aftermarket PHB. It is off centered a tad bit but not enough to rub. I was just curious if there was anything bad about it like premature tire wear or shakyness being off centered. I just bought 19" SVE's so once I get those mounted I will see if I have any rub with those

^^^^Off-centered rear end housing. If you aren't lowered very much, you can get away with running your stock one. I did for months before I got the FR PHB installed, but i am running Steeda Sport springs, which aren't extremely low. But if you are moderate to very low (i.e. Eibach Pro or Sportlines), you will definitely need an adjustable PHD to get your rear end back to center. If you were also running wide rear tires on a lowered car with the stock PHB, you could potentially get tire rub on the driver's side rear fender.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am dropped on ground force springs which I beleive is a 1.4 in the rear and I am running 11" wide tires on 18's and I have been on this setup for 94,000 miles with no aftermarket PHB. It is off centered a tad bit but not enough to rub. I was just curious if there was anything bad about it like premature tire wear or shakyness being off centered. I just bought 19" SVE's so once I get those mounted I will see if I have any rub with those

I wouldn't worry about it unless one of your tires sticks out further than the other. I'm here if you decide you want to get one though!

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To anyone who is reading this thread that is evaluating adjustable PHBs and braces, I just want to say that the Freedom Racing Stallion APHB/brace combo is money well spent. I ordered mine a good while back, and just got around to installing the two parts this past weekend, and I can say thast these are very high quailty parts with excellent fit and finish. An outstanding value!

:highfive:

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also interested in a Panhard bar.

The S197FORUM code is good for anyone on here. We have multiple panhard options, with the HD Aluminum Triple Adjustable being the most popular. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

5litros

Reaction score
Interested in the poly/rod combo on car adjustable.

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks all who answered but with so many other mods to choose from, I am thinking since mine is only 3/8" out I'll wait.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed the aluminum triple last night in hopes that it centers me enough for the 18x11's I'm picking up this weekend. :) Nice piece.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score

Good info, remember too that added weight in the car drops your ride height also. I adjust mine in between loaded and unloaded weight.

5litros

Reaction score
I just order a tripe adj HD aluminum! Do I get a t- shirt?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back