One Eyed Willy....the next chapter!

2BlownStangs

forum member
Reaction score
oh ok, I'm wondering if its just better to use the 2010up core metal support instead. I think that's what my buddy did..I don't know enough about this swap but I'm willing to jump on it once I get back to the house though...

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
Beautiful.

Tight fit for the turbo. Or is it just the angle of the pictures? Are you concerned about the turbo and the radiator fan being so close to each other?

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
i want my car to remain unique as long as it can, making molds means the car would be down again after just getting it back up after 6 months....i dont want to deal with the hassle of idiots who buy the fenders and cant install them properly then blame the fender......soon as i were to spend the money to go forward, another larger company than me who could afford to do them cheaper will just take the idea and start mass producing them.

I get that. My Inlaws have a body shop and see the crap they go thru rebuilding with OEM parts.. much less a custom piece. I like to paint,, just loath body work

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
oh ok, I'm wondering if its just better to use the 2010up core metal support instead. I think that's what my buddy did..I don't know enough about this swap but I'm willing to jump on it once I get back to the house though...

If I do mine I will use a 2010 core support. That looks much easier in the long run (if I dare say easy..) and not as difficult as building fenders... that is the part I do not want to mess with. What company is selling these? And do they look as good as 1eyewilly's car? I hate composite/molded fenders tho.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Car ran awesome today over to cars and coffee, did some logging over and back to finalize the tune driveability stuff.

got home and installed my upper grill for the open front end, i like it alot!

AFC0BA10-94DF-43C3-9732-B775F1E579C8_zps7sooufhd.jpg

FCA75155-1390-4407-BDA3-F65A9A8051E2_zpsqmykej5c.jpg

E728D3F1-F71C-408E-BE7C-967D1584EBC9_zps2txa65e0.jpg

F66B75DC-3938-49A0-BF77-9ECE95DB7CA1_zpsckatvinz.jpg

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul car looks fantastic and it is music to the ears to hear it ran great to cars and coffee. No cars and coffee for us in Ontario Canada today, expecting about an inch of freezing rain and of course our fingers crossed the power stays on.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I made 19 data logs on the way there and back,lol....just got finished making my tweaks to the tune. Should have it pretty well dialed in now for sure!

Sucks that winter is setting in for you guys....it's absolutely PERFECT weather here now!

claudermilk

Reaction score
Love the grille. I've been planning on using that exact kind of insert material to replace my big, plastic honeycomb. It finishes the look, and makes that open grille look finished.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't seen the rear end of your car for a while. Love the taillights and roush rear end!

cruisin

Reaction score
Love the grille. I've been planning on using that exact kind of insert material to replace my big, plastic honeycomb. It finishes the look, and makes that open grille look finished.

I assume you're talking about the hood. Don't use gutter guard. It looks very similar but rusts.

cruisin

Reaction score
Paul car looks fantastic and it is music to the ears to hear it ran great to cars and coffee. No cars and coffee for us in Ontario Canada today, expecting about an inch of freezing rain and of course our fingers crossed the power stays on.

You're not too far from me. Hope you have power. Quite a few homes lost it and according to CP24, it could be 72 hours.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I made 19 data logs on the way there and back,lol....just got finished making my tweaks to the tune. Should have it pretty well dialed in now for sure!

Sucks that winter is setting in for you guys....it's absolutely PERFECT weather here now!

Power just came on an hour ago. We were hit with over an inch of freezing ran. Our power was off for 36 hours, no heat (other that 2 gas fireplaces) and no water as we are on a well. My turn for the shower comes up soon. lol

Trying to talk my wife into moving to Florida when retired!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
How was the fitment of that grille? I need to order one, but keep putting it off.

Fit great! Really depends on how you install it I guess. My friend had one I wasn't overly impressed with, I don't think he had it in just the right spot and I could see the zip ties he used to put it on with. Mine fits perfect and can't see any of the zip ties at all. It uses little zip tie tabs with double sided tape, I also dabbed a few drops of superglue on each tab so they are never coming off. Even if I removed the grill you would never see the tabs.

It's hard to get a good picture of it but I really like it a lot! Another added benefit is it makes it harder for a thief to pop your hood,lol....the 2013 grill leaves your popper wide open, you don't even need to pull the handle from inside the car.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Putting on some finishing touches....car is running great! New fan and coolant setup is working wonders! A/C on full blast, stop and go Florida weather and highest temps I saw were 190*

86F8D761-2C7B-4EAD-B5F3-DBD92716D787_zpswmudzqq6.jpg

640E7847-8713-4190-A007-5839A1531C8B_zpsijztaivq.jpg

New faux gas cap, still deciding what to put in the center.

C3240307-5219-48E7-8F55-537BA4FEAFDD_zpszwf6o6mx.jpg

Car was called a Shelby today....so cobra emblem had to get blacked out.

7A359D2E-13EC-4BB9-BCFE-D8C4D1DDB156_zpshznu7sfr.jpg

845A11FA-9903-4D6D-8CFF-5D543F6699AF_zpsnshufivw.jpg

7B5E15C8-5ED1-4782-A17A-526E970525A3_zpsjicvcsfg.jpg

Loving the look of the hood vents.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back