Ouch....who's the dummy?

tang-o

Reaction score
Understand now...:whymewhyme:

I don't :) - Seriously, what can cause the car to veer left all of the sudden (other than steering input)? Did the right tire all of the sudden have more grip (or left spinning more?) Different temperatures during burn out?

There is obviously a human factor here, but I'm just curious what precautions can you take when taking a car like this to a drag strip?

I've driven my car at race tracks with stock tires and other than lack of grip there was no "unexpected" behavior from the tires (I do have 100- HP of course). The tires on the '15 mustang are pretty good too.... Obviously the drag strip is a different beast so I'm curious. Is there a more detailed speculation :)

I feel sorry for the guy, for sure. It is supposed to be fun. Total suckage

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
16C6750F-BCE6-4DC4-BE4B-85B2E0547BB3.jpg

2FCC6111-A658-47E3-A7A6-0F11A8886D2C.jpg

attachment.php

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
From what I've heard around here he was in a pure street class this weekend at the no prep Outlaw Armageddon race. He is normaly on DR's or slicks.

This shit doesn't look fun at all. lmao!

ZGfwmIM5xh0

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to recreate the way a car reacts in those situations without it being next to a concrete wall. I'd be real interested in what my natural reactions would be. I'm not a pro drifter, but I feel like autocrossing since I turned 18 would only help.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
watching 1320s video you can see he had the brakes on and was countersteering once it got sideways, it looks like something mechanical went wrong and maybe the throttle was stuck

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
watching 1320s video you can see he had the brakes on and was countersteering once it got sideways, it looks like something mechanical went wrong and maybe the throttle was stuck

Yeah, the throttle was stuck alright - by a Reebok.

He never lifted when the wheel spin came on hard. With little or no traction in the rear, it only takes a slight force to kick the rear end out and point the car in an unintended direction. At that point you're fighting inertia across a smooth surface - with rear wheels sliding and the fronts locked up. He might have been able to make less of a mess if he had let out a little sooner, not overcorrected the steering, and had a little better touch with the brakes. The automatic wasn't helping by still delivering (mucho) power to the rear wheels as they began to gain some grip in the middle of that braking slide.

But really it was all over about the moment it shifted to second and he laid into the throttle while pointed straight. If we're being honest, the same thing would have happened to a lot of us. Those no prep races are pretty senseless, especially in a big power car with streetable radials.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back