P0012 and p0014 on 2013 GT

Cpjetmech

Reaction score
Ok guys I may have fixed it, I’m not sold on it completely because I am sort of shocked... so after I replaced phasers, tensioners, chains, oil pump, vct solenoids, and already had new cam pos sensors in it, the p0012 was there and car lagged power from the cams not adjusting timing with the phasers which are controlled by oil pressure. It would sometimes get the p0014 also same bank, right head.... I checked harnesses plugs you name it minus the ecu. I was about to start tearing the heads apart to check for obstructions in the oil passage. I said what the hell why not at this point and put 8 oz of sea foam high mileage in the crank case and ran it for 200 miles. I have never been one to use this kind of stuff and never thought it would work. Since putting the sea foam in it has cleared the p0012 and has not lagged power one time. After 200 miles I drained oil hot and changed it. Drove another 50 miles so far and all good still. If this actually fixes my problem I’m going to keep an eye on it but I swear. A 9$ can from autozone! I’ll update after more driving to let y’all know but I’m really happy that I didn’t start tearing into it further and tried it. This stuff might actually work wonders for the sensitive 4v coyote motors.

crjackson

Reaction score
That sounds very encouraging even if unexpected. I too will be surprised if this is THE fix, but I really hope it is.

If that turns out to be the final solution, I’ll have it remove it from my official “Snake Oil” list ;-)

Cpjetmech

Reaction score
Alright well must’ve been coincidence with the sea foam.codes and lag came back but I have a friend that is a good electrician. He’s going to go through harness for me. I’ll let y’all know.

Cpjetmech

Reaction score
Car is back in full power. My buddy pulled the passenger head and found a piece of head gasket material that had been floating around in the oil galley for the last 90k miles. Replaced head gasket and made sure everything was clean. Car is now running great all the time. Just thought I’d update those interested. Already went to the track. I’m not an experienced driver but went 13.1 with some crap launches. Needs some suspension next!

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found the problem and the solution. So it seems that piece of head gasket was restricting oil circulation to the passenger side VCT solenoid. I wouldn't never have thought of that. :lol:
With all your upgrades you could raise the rev limiter to 7500rpm and let the engine rip.

Cpjetmech

Reaction score
Glad to hear you found the problem and the solution. So it seems that piece of head gasket was restricting oil circulation to the passenger side VCT solenoid. I wouldn't never have thought of that. :lol:
With all your upgrades you could raise the rev limiter to 7500rpm and let the engine rip.

Cpjetmech

Reaction score
Exactly, the small piece was in the galley occasionally making its way to the office that sends oil to the cam phaser/vct solenoid area. When it would find its way to that orfice= no timing adjustment= lack of power. So glad it’s fixed and glad I had a buddy willing to crack that head open. It’s not a quick task on a coyote. Thanks all for the conversation!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back