P1000 and time for emissions!

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had a hard time getting the P1000 code to clear?

So far I'm on my 5th "emission tune" with no luck.

My mods are JLT CAI, Steeda Charge Motion Deletes, JBA LT's with H-Flow Catted H-Pipe, Roush Mid's and GT500 Stock Axel Backs on a Bama Tune.

I have searched and seen guys get a tune and drive home that same day and have the P1000 code gone and ready to pass.
I been following the Drive Cycle listed in the manual each an every time and and also put many miles on each tune.

I have been at the point that I'm just wasting money and time trying to get it to pass emissions.

Should it be this hard to pass with these mods?
Any tips or tricks to help with the Drive Cycle?

Thanks

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I havent experience trouble... All conditions have to be met. Ie, temp, fuel level, evap test, the car may have to sit for a few hours to pass the evap.. Have you let the car sit, undriven?

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I havent experience trouble... All conditions have to be met. Ie, temp, fuel level, evap test, the car may have to sit for a few hours to pass the evap.. Have you let the car sit, undriven?

Yeap, I have been letting it sit at least 10hours before doing the drive cycle again. Even been getting up extremely early to drive so it is cool out.
I don't plan on driving it for a couple of days then I'll try it again.

I plan on putting the car back to stock in a few months, but this might make that happen sooner.

Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
It takes me 4-5-6 days to get all of my emmissions testing to be completed. What part of the test shows not ready? My evap system seems to be the one that I'm always waiting on.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
It takes me 4-5-6 days to get all of my emmissions testing to be completed. What part of the test shows not ready? My evap system seems to be the one that I'm always waiting on.

It doesn't show what is not ready, it just list them all as not ready.
How are you knowing you are waiting on the evap system?
I have had 1 tuner tell me atleat 50 miles and a Ford tech tell me the drive cycle I'm doing is more than fine.
I have a 30day permit so I can give this tune a while if that's what it needs.

Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
When I go for a smog the computer prints out the results. It'll either say pass or fail or not ready for each of the systems. I think I'm allowed one not ready but no fails.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
If you're using an SCT tuner to constantly check for codes stop doing it. Every time you do that it sets off the P1000 I believe. You need something like the Torque app on your phone with a blue tooth device to see exactly which readiness codes are set to go and which ones aren't.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
If you're using an SCT tuner to constantly check for codes stop doing it. Every time you do that it sets off the P1000 I believe. You need something like the Torque app on your phone with a blue tooth device to see exactly which readiness codes are set to go and which ones aren't.

I don't use the sct to check for the code but there is nothing wrong with it unless you are trying to clear it which doesn't remove it, just resets the drive cycle.
You can check emission ready status by turning the key to on but not starting the car. If the CEL flashes after 15 seconds you are not ready.

I have tested a few times and if it comes up not ready all systems state that.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I had similar issues with getting all the monitors in the ready status after doing an auto swap with a new tune. After multiple attempts by my tuner and countless drive cycles, I was out time and options. I picked up a simple code reader so I could see exactly which monitors were not ready, which was very helpful as only 2 of the 7 were initially showing up (the others were turned off). In the end, mine was a tune issue as I could never get more then 2 of the 7 to the ready status. After ordering a new tune from Brenspeed, all 7 monitors went to ready after a simple 10 minute drive.

NClewis

Reaction score
Wow, and I thought I had a bad time getting bama to get me a tune that would pass. I'm running long tubes with an off road x, by the 3rd tune it finally passed, and the cel stayed off for 2 days until I switched the tune back. My problem was that bama kept leaving the monitors off for catalyst, heated catalyst, o2 and heated o2. I called them and explained I can't have more than 2 not ready monitors. They said they'd revise the tune and send it out, and it finally passed. Do you have a way of seeing what monitors are ready and which aren't? Most cheap obd scanners will show you

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, and I thought I had a bad time getting bama to get me a tune that would pass. I'm running long tubes with an off road x, by the 3rd tune it finally passed, and the cel stayed off for 2 days until I switched the tune back. My problem was that bama kept leaving the monitors off for catalyst, heated catalyst, o2 and heated o2. I called them and explained I can't have more than 2 not ready monitors. They said they'd revise the tune and send it out, and it finally passed. Do you have a way of seeing what monitors are ready and which aren't? Most cheap obd scanners will show you

Yeah I have talked to 4 of their tuners so far. I don't have a way to check but might see if one of the auto stores scanners will see what is not ready tomorrow.
That is my, another tuner and the Ford techs thinking that they left a monitor off.

Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
The read outs that let me know which systems are not ready were from the actual smog station. I go to a place that you pay once and if you fail you get two free retests. So I always go about 2-3 days after loading my smog tune and usually have to go another 2-3 days till they all pass.

NClewis

Reaction score
Yeah I have talked to 4 of their tuners so far. I don't have a way to check but might see if one of the auto stores scanners will see what is not ready tomorrow.
That is my, another tuner and the Ford techs thinking that they left a monitor off.

Thanks

There's only 2 reasons to failed the emissions part of the inspection, an active cel or too many unset monitors. I'd be willing to put money on it they left too many monitors on. The odd part is you having a catted mid pipe and having this issue. But any parts store should be able to see which is not ready, but most auto part employees won't know what you'll be talking about lol

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
The read outs that let me know which systems are not ready were from the actual smog station. I go to a place that you pay once and if you fail you get two free retests. So I always go about 2-3 days after loading my smog tune and usually have to go another 2-3 days till they all pass.

I checked the read outs last time and everything came up not ready. Here "not ready" is not considered a fail, you don't even pay. You just cant test again for 3 days the first time then 7 days the next time.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
There's only 2 reasons to failed the emissions part of the inspection, an active cel or too many unset monitors. I'd be willing to put money on it they left too many monitors on. The odd part is you having a catted mid pipe and having this issue. But any parts store should be able to see which is not ready, but most auto part employees won't know what you'll be talking about lol

Yeah I was thinking it might be a challenge to let the auto parts employee know what I need to check.
Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow and figure this out. Either way I got to call American Muscle to most likely get another tune.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I checked the read outs last time and everything came up not ready. Here "not ready" is not considered a fail, you don't even pay. You just cant test again for 3 days the first time then 7 days the next time.

Sounds like a tune issue to me. If nothing is getting tested and reads not ready makes me think they are not set right in the tune. Who are the folks that gave you smog tunes besides AM? I don't have a lot of faith in BAMA after Doug was out of the picture. If you can find Doug, he wrote me an emmisions tune once that I used for years that got me by my OBDII smog testing with an O/R mid pipe. Anyways, after putting my whipple on I now use a Lund tune to pass but I have to put my Catted mid pipe on and rear sensors in. But it does all the testing and passes.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a tune issue to me. If nothing is getting tested and reads not ready makes me think they are not set right in the tune. Who are the folks that gave you smog tunes besides AM? I don't have a lot of faith in BAMA after Doug was out of the picture. If you can find Doug, he wrote me an emmisions tune once that I used for years that got me by my OBDII smog testing with an O/R mid pipe. Anyways, after putting my whipple on I now use a Lund tune to pass but I have to put my Catted mid pipe on and rear sensors in. But it does all the testing and passes.

I'm only dealing with AM Bama for tunes. Yeah I'm only with AM because of Doug long time ago.
Hopefully I can get answers today and help them fix it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I would just steer clear of them and go with someone else. They have had way too many tuning issues since then.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
I would just steer clear of them and go with someone else. They have had way too many tuning issues since then.

Unfortunately this is not an option since I'm not willing to put more money into this car. Id rather just park it and put it back to stock. I have been happy with their tunes before.
I'll be getting a 2016 in a few months.

I did have it scanned at Autozone and 4 of 7 were not ready. Their scanner could not tell me which ones though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back