Paint matched powder coat

Dlford52

Reaction score
I recently picked up a set of silver wheels I plan to have powder coated. My Saleen is performance white, and I want to match my wheels to that color. Does anyone here have a familiarity with powder coating to match paint?

b8ba5caef5d08488644383e0e963efea.jpg

These are the wheels I ordered and what I plan to have them look like

799532b6cea92f40fb87cd4bba255f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Having powder made to match a paint color is very expensive, especially since it generally requires a large amount (50lbs) to be purchased. NIC industries can do it as can some other powder resellers and manufacturers.

I have heard good things about http://allpowderpaints.com/ on trying to get as close a match as possible without such the high cost. They would require some part sent to them from the car though like the gas cap cover or something to match.

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
White should be easy to match... bring your car to a local coater and try some color swatches against your paint. I found one that matched redfire darn close.... so flat white shouldn't be too bad.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
best thing to do would to be what was mentioned before. leave the fuel door with the powder coater so they have a sample to match

Dlford52

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if anyone had already paint matched the white. I guess I will find a local coater and ask them to give their opinion

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the guy who did my work actually blended powders to create the desired look. if you bring it to someone who knows what they are doing, they should be able to do the same

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
The valve covers were done locally here to match the Welds up front. You can barely see the wheel color in this pic, but it came out close enough.

I'm sure you can find someone that can get it done for you. The shops where I am kinda suck at everything and the owner was happy enough.

Dlford52

Reaction score
I'm taking my wheels and the gas cover to Miller's in Lilburn, GA tomorrow. I spoke with the owner and he's confident he can match it. I've also heard a lot of goods things from others about their work.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back