Painted Coil Covers

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
I was interested in getting my coil covers painted or buying a painted set. A quick Google search found this thread on the allfordmustangs forum. So I reached out to him. I ordered them in HP with red accent lines and black lettering. He sent me a pic today before they get buffed. So they will look even better. Can't wait to get them installed! If anyone is interested you can reach out to him through PM on that forum. I don't believe he is a member here. I'll post more pics when I get them on.

Attachments

• COIL COVERS.jpg
    COIL COVERS.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Is the price still $200?
Just about, depends on what options you want and what paint you get. I could have saved some money with using a bright white he had already but I wanted Ford factory HP that he had to get. He also gives a credit if you send back your factory finish coil covers.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Couple guys on Facebook doing them too. This guy is one of them the other guy is in Houston. I like the look. Pics when you get them!

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I painted my own...it's stupid easy, and cheap. The lettering is the most difficult and mine didn't turn out perfect.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Done, all buffed out before shipping. They are on their way now. More pics when I get them on. They came out great from what I see so far!

Attachments

• White-BlackRed 03.JPG
    White-BlackRed 03.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 38
  • White-BlackRed 02.JPG
    White-BlackRed 02.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 36
  • White-BlackRed 04.JPG
    White-BlackRed 04.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see them on the car..need some pics. I've tried to keep the price as close to $200 as possible, but like everything else, prices keep going up. In 2 years I havent really raised prices, but now it's hard for me to get the covers, and each set requires a large shipping box with cushion, and the 3000 and 5000 sanding discs I use are $50 for a box of 15. Remember that includes shipping too. Congrats!
Let me know if I can post the link to my FB page on here...IDK if the mods will let me but if they do I will post it.
Thanks
RC

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
I can't wait to see them on the car..need some pics. I've tried to keep the price as close to $200 as possible, but like everything else, prices keep going up. In 2 years I havent really raised prices, but now it's hard for me to get the covers, and each set requires a large shipping box with cushion, and the 3000 and 5000 sanding discs I use are $50 for a box of 15. Remember that includes shipping too. Congrats!
Let me know if I can post the link to my FB page on here...IDK if the mods will let me but if they do I will post it.
Thanks
RC
I'll definitely get you some pics once installed. I'm not sure if you're allowed to post the link to your Facebook page or not. Maybe someone else knows or one of the mods will view the thread and let you know.

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score

Here are a couple sets I did in Grabber Blue (CI) - one with silver letters and one with black letters.

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Good work RC, you can easily see the extra work you put in over mine.

It's taken me the past couple years to really "refine" the technique for this. The laying of the clear and the buffing/polishing are tough too on those small parts. I use a $200 airbrush for the letters.

THANKS
RC

RC_Stang

forum member
Reaction score
These are mine...I had an airbrush artist do the smoke effect.
RC

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I bought mine from that guy also. They're peeling now, about 20k miles on them and a year and a half .
I'll try and get pics up tonight/tomorrow

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Just ordered me a set of Race Red ones with black letters for $130 from a different guy on FB.:thumb::beerdrink: I'll post when I recieve them. His work looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back