Passenger Window Control malfunction

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
My passenger window control button quit working. The one on the passenger side works, but when i control it from my passenger side it works. Just the drive side passenger control quit working. The car is still under warranty for the next 800 miles, so maybe i should just bring it in, or if its simply a fuse went out then i could fix it myself. It was working somewhat but the automatic control wasnt working, then i would have to push it numerous times to get the passenger window to go down from my driver side conrols. Then it simply quit working all together..I think my actual switch went out, but i was wondering what yall thought about it.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, this might be something as simple as that the window has become unprogrammed...do a search on it, oh and I think its covered in your manual...hold the button in question in the down position for several seconds (10 at least), then hold it in the up position for another 10; I think that's what does it. If not take it in!

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Right, i have done that...numerous times, ill give it another shot just to make sure. Thanks for the immature blonde comments, and the simply doubt that i could change a fuse or fix it myself.. I hope you have a wonderful day, and im so glad you said that. I was wondering how i was going to make it through the day today....Its ok no biggy, im sure your just upset on your life, or the fact that you probably have a fat ugly wife, or your son is gay, or you have to simply beat off every night cause you cant get laid, or the fact your unemployed, or you have a dead end job, or just you are simply miserable in your own pathetic life...So i honestly dont hold your immature comments against you. I actually feel sorry for you, that you have to be a big tough guy online...everyone and anyone can talk shit on the keyboard..I understand...i really hope things look up for you in all of your future en devours...my prayers are with you..cause at this point..you need all the help you can get in life...i mean so one would think, when you have to talk shit on the computer on a forum...Im so sorry, Hope you have a wonderful day, and i really hope for the sake of mankind and your family that you change. Otherwise your just going to continue to be a miserable person...

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
If it is under warranty and it is the window switch that is bad. Just take it to them and let them replace it for you. Which the way you described it working fine from passenger side but not the drivers would indicate that is the problem.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i was thinking, i just wanted to get some opinions on the issue, thank you kylecm for making a decent mature comment, and not judging me for asking...i simply was just trying to get some opinions before i drove across town tot he dealorship..thank you

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
no prob man. Believe me I hate talking to the dealership as much as the next guy. Good luck on getting it fixed.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly I understood it. Yea It's not perfect as far as explaining but I picked it up the first time I read it. Don't pay attention to it. Everyone has been on edge here lately for some reason. If they will give you the switch it would be about a 2 minute job to replace.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thread cleaned up

1. DON'T FUCK UP THE TECH THREADS. Yes, there are going to be some dumb ass threads that deserve comments. Noobs, just get used to it. You guys know what we mean.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back