photo of the whipple

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
had some fun with some flashes in my carport a few nights ago :) Last photo before the longblock goes in :clap:

whipple_01.jpg

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
How do you like the Belt Drive from Steeda?

pretty good! I didn't pay near what it costs, since it was installed for a tech article. A new motor goes in sometime in the next few weeks, so I'll be able to see what it can really do now. It's making to much boost for the stock motor as it is right now, so I've not been driving it hard.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Linky? What size pulley? Clears stock hood?

Rep for the nice pic :beerchug2:

I'll scan the article tonight if I remember. I'm not sure the diameter on the pulley, but apparently it instantly pegged my gauge at 15psi, I believe it's probably about 16psi with the stock heads and pistons. Yes, the stock hood "fits", but one of the underside braces on the hood needed to be cut for it to fit. I'm glad the stock hood fits, I didn't want another one. I'm not sure if dropping the motor with lower mounts would have made it fit or not. My guess is that it would be really tight, if it did.

Last edited:

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I didn't see this article on their website (yet?) so here's a low res scan of the article. It's in 5.0 magazine, august issue, starting page 120 if you want to pick it up. Can't wait to see what the belt drive does when the tune doesn't need to be so conservative, with the stronger motor :D

belt_drive_01.jpg

belt_drive_02.jpg

belt_drive_03.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back