Pics of Lava Red S197's

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
Guys I am dying to see pics of Lava Reds that are actually owned by members on this board. My goal is to own a LR in the next couple of years... just hope people don't realize how rare they are by that time! LOL! So Post them up!

Huls2304

Shenanigans
Reaction score
I don't really have that many pictures of my car, but this picture shows the color pretty well.
20120325_185913.jpg

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I have seen it. I don't see pictures doing this color any justice. Its the kind that looks black until the light hits it, and then you can see the red.

Huls2304

Shenanigans
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to capture in pictures. They stopped production early in 2012 because the tsunami wiped out the paint supply. Here's some pics of another guys car.
20cc6990.jpg
3fec7c3e.jpg

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I think I found the color for my '72 Chevelle if I ever repaint it. Wonder if the paint is currently available for purchase? Did the tsunami do away with production of it completely?

My wife has a black Fusion and I'm pretty sure that color was not in production for awhile as well.

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
It has been compared to darker redfire with a black tinted clearcoat, kind of like the old black cherry paint. I have yet to see one in person and likely will not in my area. Will be unique cars one day.

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
It has been compared to darker redfire with a black tinted clearcoat, kind of like the old black cherry paint. I have yet to see one in person and likely will not in my area. Will be unique cars one day.

Yea, as several other people have stated I had no idea this color even existed.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
My Dad had one come through his shop. He said it was a pretty color all cleaned up in the sun. I wish I had a chance to get down and see it.

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
That's about the same color as my wifes 2011edge. On the edge its called Cinnamon metallic.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I too never knew this existed. interesting. Not sure if I like or dislike, but I'd love to see one in person.

Huls2304

Shenanigans
Reaction score
Well, if anyone is in the Dallas area and is going to Cars and Coffee, I'd be glad to show it to you! I've actually only seen one other Lava Red, but it was a V6 and a guy at my office drove it oddly enough.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back