Picture Request: Yellow Brembos + Black rims

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Honestly I was thinking I would do a dark golden color to powdercoat GT500 brembos on my Mineral Grey. I believe Nissan as brembos with the same color and red lettering. I think it looks good. I have Black Spyders, and I thought black brembos would be to much black and I like to have the caliper visually stand out. Red is brembos are overdone in my opinion and doesn't particularly look good on a car that doesn't even have color on the side of the red spectum (ex. I hate seeing sonic blue or windveil with red calipers).

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
mmmm I like the idea of a bright caliper color, but might leave them black, the major drawback is the rear caliper looks like a joke painted, might paint it black so it can fade with the black rims lol

Mustang_Rear_Brake_Upgrade19-vi.jpg

The looks of a 2 piece caliper kills the potential IMO :rant:

A little off subject.....I wish we could make a way to use 2010up Camaro SS rear brakes work for us. I know some G8 guys have.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly I was thinking I would do a dark golden color to powdercoat GT500 brembos on my Mineral Grey. I believe Nissan as brembos with the same color and red lettering. I think it looks good. I have Black Spyders, and I thought black brembos would be to much black and I like to have the caliper visually stand out. Red is brembos are overdone in my opinion and doesn't particularly look good on a car that doesn't even have color on the side of the red spectum (ex. I hate seeing sonic blue or windveil with red calipers).

Thats what I was thinking exactly ... not talking about school bus yellow, that'd be obnoxious, infact I really liked the new 2012 Yellow Blaze that can be found in the mustangs and focus --->>

photobucket-9396-1311983958657.jpg

53286890.jpg

I know a picture not always represent the exact same tone of the color due to daylight, lens, shadows, etc but its a tone of yellow thats a bit dark I like.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
It's a nice color combo, but those cara have 16" 6 piston fronts and 14" 4 piston rears. Lol. You need better rear brakes and a good powder coater to pull it off.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah I know, their rears might be my fronts LOL, but I dont have 19 or 20" rims ... that might help the 4 piston brembos look like they fit good :naughty1:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Just to let anyone who cares know, yellow brake calipers are typically a sign of having ceramic brakes. I love bright colored brakes.

Back