pigtails and fuses

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you found it. The on line documentation does not include the pin out views for either year listed. Yet my paper version of the 2005 has all connector view and pin out info in section 151 in addition to physical location. All you can do is use wire color code or research elsewhere. Sorry. Sucks I know because part of troubleshooting is knowing what exact pin to be on for a given signal and not be guessing...especially on the occasions where they change color code on a 2014 vice 2011 and that is all you have.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I was able to get the information from a person I know that has a subscription to the professional version of alldata.com information. He was able to get me the pinouts of the connectors I needed. I'm tempted to sign up for it, but for the DIY portion. It's $60 for a year or $130 for 3 years and you get to pick 1 vehicle. The professional version is a little steep at $190/month, but you get access to any vehicle from mid 60s+

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
does anyone have an 11-13 car, non navigation, that came with heated seats? I wanted to compare some of the AS BUILT data from the ford website.
When I look up the data from the car I got the HVAC module from, there's no Front Display Interface Module data, but there is for my car. I want to see if the activation code is in that module if possible from your data please.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
does anyone have an 11-13 car, non navigation, that came with heated seats? I wanted to compare some of the AS BUILT data from the ford website.
When I look up the data from the car I got the HVAC module from, there's no Front Display Interface Module data, but there is for my car. I want to see if the activation code is in that module if possible from your data please.

I have a ‘13 Premium GT with heated seats and no navigation. Not sure how to check the data you’re looking for though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I have a ‘13 Premium GT with heated seats and no navigation. Not sure how to check the data you’re looking for though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go here and put in your VIN
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/Details

I'm curious about the data for the Front Display Interface Module. There is no HVAC module section in my data, so I would imagine there isn't one for your '13. The donor car (an '11) that the HVAC module came from, there is not section for Front Display Interface Module when I look up it's VIN.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
nevermind, I don't need the information after all.

After about 10 hours, the seat heaters are in, and they WORK!!! All wiring is hooked up the exact same way as if the car came with heated seats. I had the drivers seat hooked up in parallel, but it never really got hot. I hooked them up in series now, both driver and pass, and I'll see how they are. But it would be easy to swap them to parallel. I was thinking about leaving drivers in parallel and install passenger in series and compare. But forgot that idea by the time I got back out there to install the passenger heater pads.

It could of been a lot easier if I installed the kit with the supplied wiring harness, relay and toggle button. But I didn't want to mount a button somewhere and I love a good challenge. Will have to figure out what the next project that I complicate unnecessarily. This one was a fun one for sure.

Last edited:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
OK, good. I was not able to check my car as it's still in the body shop after I was rear-ended back in November.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
OK, good. I was not able to check my car as it's still in the body shop after I was rear-ended back in November.

ouch, that sucks big time!

Nothing in the HVAC module needs to be changed, it's just a plug and play setup apparently.

Heating pads wired in parallel provide MUCH more heat. I've seen a wiring setup that has them wired in series for low heat and then parallel for high heat. Which is pretty cool, but my button seems to be either on or off, don't know if I can change that on the head unit. I think I'm done with this wiring project though, lol.

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is by mistake connecting a seat heat harness up with disconnected airbag activation. Thought I read somewheres may be airbags present in some seating arrangements? ⚡⚡⚡

upload_2023-1-12_17-38-46.png

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Just buy a heating pad kit off ebay for $100 and install it in your oem seat. It's super easy to do. I just wanted to complicate things and wire it up the exact same way Ford did at the factory, through the oem wiring harness plugs. Needed the proper HVAC module, etc.

Would be 100 times easier to just install the switch and relay setup they send you with the pads. No need to wait for someone with heated seats to have an accident. And yes, my premium model '12 GT came with airbags in the seats. But that hasn't anything to do with the heating pad elements.

Laga

Reaction score
Just buy a heating pad kit off ebay for $100 and install it in your oem seat. It's super easy to do. I just wanted to complicate things and wire it up the exact same way Ford did at the factory, through the oem wiring harness plugs. Needed the proper HVAC module, etc.

Would be 100 times easier to just install the switch and relay setup they send you with the pads. No need to wait for someone with heated seats to have an accident. And yes, my premium model '12 GT came with airbags in the seats. But that hasn't anything to do with the heating pad elements.
I’ve done this on my 05, plus four other cars and pickups. Time consuming, but not hard.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back