Pollen-just in case you don't know

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
pollen > me, I can't keep up with it after I wash more will just come.
I accept the fate of my paint.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also did not know this. Thanks for the tip. I always hand wash. I hand wash or it doesn't get washed.

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always had great luck using Zaino for the
last 15yrs or so on all my rides,and Im deep
back in the woods.The pollen falls as your
washing your ride around here.
Many black rides,zaino saved them all,imo.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a garage and a separate vehicle. I try to keep my baby in the garage for the whole of pollen season, but it doesn't matter anyway. I always have my two bucket system in the truck and I will go to the local carwash while it's slow and hand wash my baby in the stall. I use the wand to spray off as much crap as I can, then two bucket wash it by hand, then spray it all off and finish up with spot free rinse. Then drive the 1/2 mile to my house and use the 240mph leaf blower to get it all dried off. Doesn't take much time and the car looks great all the time.

Pollen on Race Red makes the car look like GO!! LOL!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I talked with my brother about this. He works in an auto body shop and ran my fathers auto body shop when he still owned his business. He's been to a bunch of painting conferences and said he has never heard this in any of his 25+ years in the business.

What's the source on this? I have questions about it's validity and would like to check out the source.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I've probably been to the same paint conferences, expos as your brother with my best friend and they don't speak of this kind of things at them. They don't even talk about detailing products short of like 3M Compounds, etc.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I talked with my brother about this. He works in an auto body shop and ran my fathers auto body shop when he still owned his business. He's been to a bunch of painting conferences and said he has never heard this in any of his 25+ years in the business.

What's the source on this? I have questions about it's validity and would like to check out the source.

I actually got this info from Detailed Image which is one of the top detailing sources out there. Not really sure why that they would need to talk about this at a paint expo, or why you would doubt it just because they don't bring it up there. But feel free to search it out. I'm just trying to help people out.

This is more of a detailing topic, not a body shop topic, so it does not surprise me in the least that they don't bring it up. Do they talk about the best tire dressing? Do you doubt they work since it's not brought up there? Do they talk about clay bar use? I doubt it since they don't need to clay bar fresh paint. Do you doubt the validity of the use of a clay bar?

Maybe if you don't believe in the pollen it won't hurt you or something, but I don't even understand the point of your post.

I've probably been to the same paint conferences, expos as your brother with my best friend and they don't speak of this kind of things at them. They don't even talk about detailing products short of like 3M Compounds, etc.

Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back