Popped my auto-x cherry

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Went Auto-x for the first time on Saturday and Sunday. Was even going to go because rain was forecasted all weekend, but I said why not. Saturday had about 155 entries and Sunday had 167. I started on Saturday with a time of 61 that I whittled away to a 55, and then on Sunday I had a start of 57 that I dropped to a 53. I got 12 out of 28 for the Novice class. There were tons of Elise's and ZO6s that were tearing things up running between 45-47 and a GTR showed up and ran a 44. I also got weighed-3462 lbs without driver 1/2 tank of gas.

joe.jpg

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
That's awesome - welcome to the addiction! Sounds like you were learning quite a bit during your first weekend out as your times improved. Any mods or is it completely stock?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Nice!

I went to a local AutoX event yesterday hosted by the BMW club, there were about 75 cars and we got to make 8 heats in total. I just installed Grembo GT500 brakes and this was my chance to test em out for real, they were awesome. I started out at 65 sec and was able to knock the time down to a 58, theres a few others in my class on street tires, there best time was 54, theres a C6 vette running R comps and his best time (best of day) was 48 secs.

Someitmes i wish you can pay a bit more and have less track work to do, i like bieng out on the track and watching other cars and learning from what they have done right and wrong, i just hate standing out ther for 3 hours in a day.

Short of open track racing, AutoX is the most fun you can have with clothes on!

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
So far the mods are 4.10, L/T, and a non i/c vortech for power. Only suspension mod is steeda springs, and I just installed rear seat delete and Corbeau CR-1s. I put the 20s up for sale and am going for some 18s with larger brakes.

Back