Just bought a '07 Mustang GT!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by GT97222, Nov 20, 2020.

1. GT97222

GT97222 Junior Member

Hi all,

I've been combing the classified for a while now and finally did it. Bought my first S197. I've had two SN-95s before as daily drivers. This car will be more of a weekend car. Has high miles (130k) and although it's in good shape, the previous owner put off a lot of the maintenance which I will have to do. But at $8500, I think that's an OK starting point. Right away I took it to the shop as the rear wheel bearings were shot and I had to replace a $700 evap charcoal container. But my goal is to do some of the other upcoming maintenance myself.

I think it's a GT Premium it's got the Shaker 500 and leather seats. Looking at the brochure, it might also have the Comfort package with heated seats and auto dimming rear view mirror. It's also got the 18" Polished aluminum wheels.

Take a look. Vista blue..

GotVic, axis101, Mustang Mike and 4 others like this.
  2. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Congrats. That's a lovely car.
    Any plans for mods/upgrades?

GT97222 likes this.
  3. GT97222

GT97222 Junior Member

I'm looking at the Vogtland springs on American Muscle. I think the 1.2" drop would improve the look, but not be so noticeable.

I'm also looking for a set of the stock 17" painted aluminum wheels. It's just I've been looking at Mustangs for so long and always pictured the one I got with those wheels.

After that I think it's just maintenance for a while. I can tell the suspension needs some bushing, shocks probably.

4. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Blue cars like that are not very common. Looks nice.

You will find more collective knowledge about these cars here than ANYWHERE else on the interwebz.

Search first before asking questions. Read the posting rules.

Oh and welcome.

GT97222 likes this.
  5. 06 T-RED S/C GT

06 T-RED S/C GT forum member

Very nice find on your "07" vista blue GT. Enjoy, congrats and welcome aboard :waytogo:

GT97222 likes this.
  6. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Sweet GT - love the color. Congrats & welcome!

GT97222 likes this.
  7. Anti

Anti forum member

Now the fun begins. Welcome

axis101 and GT97222 like this.
  8. scramblr

scramblr Senior Member S197 Team Member

Love the car, congrats!

GT97222 likes this.
  9. Macman45

Macman45 Resident Geriatric

Pretty car! I wanted that combo when I found mine. You also have the optional Charcoal dash trim, and Appearance package (faux hood scoop and rolled exhaust tips), and Satellite Radio module (wart on trunk).

axis101 and GT97222 like this.
  10. Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike Junior Member

Good looking Color! Got mine new years ago and many mods since!

GT97222 likes this.
  11. MasterofDisaster

MasterofDisaster Member

Beautiful car. I would recommend you stick with the stock 18" wheels. You have more brake options with 18"

axis101, Norm Peterson and GT97222 like this.
  12. SpecOps13

SpecOps13 3rd Childhood Thing

Awesome car Bro ( By Your Shadow ). Now to make it your car. That's the fun part... This is a Great Forum to be part of... Very Helpful Members.

GT97222 and Anti like this.
  13. Shotokan1509

Shotokan1509 forum member

Congrats, it is the best color for sure.

GT97222 likes this.
  14. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

This ^^^

Not to mention that your tire options are better in 18" as well. Even if you never upgrade the brakes to GT500 or other "big brake kit" (which really isn't necessary for a street-driven '07 GT), you will at some point need fresh rubber.

Norm

06 T-RED S/C GT, axis101 and GT97222 like this.
  15. axis101

axis101 Junior Member

Welcome - I feel you’ve got a good clean deal. I also recommend, at least 18”...or possibly 19”, not just for brakes, but also a wider selection of the better tires.
    I have an ‘08 Bullitt. Although many people do not want to mess with that particular model, as far as originality, I found with spirited driving, wheel weight and cost & a few other factors, my search led me to a set of Laguna Seca wheels from a ‘12 Boss - reasonable for me all the way around, and handles great fitted with Continentals. I had Michelin Pilot on the original wheels, they were great tires but for me, the Boss combo works even better for a fun (not race car) with a few more ponies under the hood. Best of times to you and ole Blue.

GT97222 likes this.
  16. axis101

axis101 Junior Member

BTW - With the new wheels, I felt the opportunity to upgrade brakes without braking the bank. I looked on Craigslist and found a set of new Shelby takeoff fronts and the purchased the increased diameter rears. What a difference for little money.

GT97222 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.