Problem with frpp 62mm throttle body

612saleen

Reaction score
2rgz1w7.jpg
20pa35d.jpg

I bought this throttle body and the idle screw bolt are missing anyone knows how i fix this?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I would try to find a screw, then find BruceH or someone with some in depth knowledge/and or a volt meter and a stock TB and maybe you can find out where things should be set.

I have several stock throttle bodies laying around, hopefully someone in your neck of the woods has one as well.

BirdMan65

Reaction score
My BBK has a brass bolt/screw which is held in place by a small setscrew behind/under the part/cover that comes off. The brass bolt is hollow with a spring and a pin/piston sticking out of the bottom which opens the butterflies. I set the butterflies around a 1/16th" pushing/depressing the spring to do so. I then tightened the small setscrew. I also tapped the inside top to make spring changes to see what difference spring pressures do to response/driveability using a setscrew and nut to lock down.
Oh yes, there is a circular spring you have to mess with to get back on for the butterflies to snap closed! No biggie really, al least for me. I did this 2 years or so ago. I ended up reinstalling the original spring and played with the tension.

The throttle shaft was binding a little so removed it and straightened it out and used red locktite to reuse screws. The original blade were very free and this was Not, now is.

Last edited:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
The instructions that was in the box when I bought mine said that you have to send it back to get it fixed if you do anything to that screw. It would not or could not be fixed by anyone else but the factory.

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
If it were me i would send it back to Ford Performance and let them fix and calibrate it. May want to call them and perhapps they can have some authorized shop fix it if you try and fail to fix it they won't want to mess with it.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
How can he send it back to Ford performance when he didn't purchase it from them to begin with.. He bought the throttle body used from the previous owner who should had been the one to send it back to be repaired, but didn't which more than likely was his reason for selling it in the first place, as he probably damaged the threads in the throttle body when attempting to make adjustments and didn't feel it was worth sending back.. So he decided to just get rid of it instead rather than fork out more money than what the throttle body was worth by having Ford performance repair it..

Moral of the story.. Don't purchase used parts if your unsure what condition their in..

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe he can fix it with the right advise from someone on here that would be will in to help. I know I like to fix things myself and hate to pay someone else to do it but if he can't he should just send it in to Fords authorized repair center. (I guess that there is one) it's all in how much effort he is willing to put into it. If one man built it then another man an fix it. (With the right info) Do the research then make the decision - Fix it or Send it. I wish I was knowledgable so I could help and stop wasting his time with these worthless post.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you posted and hopefully it won't cost him more than what the throttle body is worth by having it repaired :shrug:

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
yes he might be able to fix it, but i do not want to see it fail in traffic and result in his car getting banged up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back