Procharged S197's?

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is my D1 and enclosed red race BOV on the dyno.

[SFIRE]2d890658-9911-4cb3-90ca-9e1b016e4ff8[/SFIRE]

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
CIMG0214.jpg

CIMG0157.jpg

Anybody know what intake this is? It looks like an Anderson Power Pipe but I am not really sure.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
na.. looks like a home made job or shop. The anderson has a bigger filter.

Here is the stock procharger compared to the Anderson.

filtersize.jpg

Then I kept the bigger pipe and manned up even more on the filter.. haha I bought a larger one then even on the Anderson from Summit racing

Picture320.jpg

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
What fuel pumps are you guys w/ stock motors running?

I posted on austin area stangs about how i'm about to put my procharger on and asked about good tuners in the area, and i got this response regarding the piggy back bap procharger supplies:

Yes, and unfortunately, you will not be ready to tune it, unless you add the gt500 fuel system-I have tested and documented the fuel systems deficiencies with the cut up procharger fuel pump install. The tune that comes with the prochargers shoots the commanded fuel pressure up 20+psi, because by 5000rpm, the fuel pressure actually drops 25+ psi. If you have not already done the gt500 fuel system, you will be on borrowed time, and getting a fubar tune to work around that problem, you'll still have problems. Ask me how many new 3v shortblocks I tune on a regular basis.

1. NEVER install gerotor fuel pump in a returnless fuel system.
2. Hacking up the fuel tubing on the sender further exacerbates the problem.
3. It just doesn't work.
4. Fuel pressure will have dropped 5-10psi, before you ever see it on a wideband sensor. About the time it is too late, and it goes downhill real fast.

Thoughts/opinions?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I don't think he has heard of a BAP, plenty of people running just a BAP and the stock fuel system for up to 450rwhp+.
Depends on how much power you want to make.

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
I don't think he has heard of a BAP, plenty of people running just a BAP and the stock fuel system for up to 450rwhp+.
Depends on how much power you want to make.

I see. I want to keep it around 430 with the stock fuel set-up. Than maybe up the boost a little once i get the gt500 set-up.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score

I posted on austin area stangs about how i'm about to put my procharger on and asked about good tuners in the area, and i got this response regarding the piggy back bap procharger supplies:

Yes, and unfortunately, you will not be ready to tune it, unless you add the gt500 fuel system-I have tested and documented the fuel systems deficiencies with the cut up procharger fuel pump install. The tune that comes with the prochargers shoots the commanded fuel pressure up 20+psi, because by 5000rpm, the fuel pressure actually drops 25+ psi. If you have not already done the gt500 fuel system, you will be on borrowed time, and getting a fubar tune to work around that problem, you'll still have problems. Ask me how many new 3v shortblocks I tune on a regular basis.

3. It just doesn't work.
4. Fuel pressure will have dropped 5-10psi, before you ever see it on a wideband sensor. About the time it is too late, and it goes downhill real fast.

Thoughts/opinions?

The GT500 fuel pumps are over kill IF YOU ARE planning on keeping it around 430. I made 450 on the HO kit as Procharger sends it with their canned tuned. Ran it that way for almost 2 years with no issues. BUT if you plan on growing I'd invest in the GT500 pumps and some 60lb injectors if you can afford it

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
The GT500 fuel pumps are over kill IF YOU ARE planning on keeping it around 430. I made 450 on the HO kit as Procharger sends it with their canned tuned. Ran it that way for almost 2 years with no issues. BUT if you plan on growing I'd invest in the GT500 pumps and some 60lb injectors if you can afford it

Its really all up to my tuner and what he feels is safe. If he can get me 450 with the bap procharger supplies, id be one happy camper :boobies:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score

3. It just doesn't work.

Thoughts/opinions?

I ran the Procharger piggyback pump for 1 1/2 years without issues. At 569whp, it kept up fine for me.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
agreed.. gt500 is over kill.. 430 is low with these kits so just stick with what procharger gave you.. pop in base tune.. then go spend 40 bucks for a dyno run and make sure the a/f looks good and how much power you make..

If later you want more then get a bap, larger injectors and find the best tuner and squeez out a little more, but understand that a rod can go at anytime.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
498whp on piggy backed fuel pumps and a BAP. While I dont like the piggy backed pumps, it holds up to 500whp just fine.

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
agreed.. gt500 is over kill.. 430 is low with these kits so just stick with what procharger gave you.. pop in base tune.. then go spend 40 bucks for a dyno run and make sure the a/f looks good and how much power you make..

If later you want more then get a bap, larger injectors and find the best tuner and squeez out a little more, but understand that a rod can go at anytime.

I plan on running the HO kit along with a dyno tune. F the procharger base tune. I have 39# injectors and colder plugs. With my bolt-ons i don't think 450 should be hard to reach. We'll find out in a couple of weeks :naughty1:

498whp on piggy backed fuel pumps and a BAP. While I dont like the piggy backed pumps, it holds up to 500whp just fine.

Good to know. You lost a motor right? Did you just put another stock one in? How much did that cost ya?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I plan on running the HO kit along with a dyno tune. F the procharger base tune. I have 39# injectors and colder plugs. With my bolt-ons i don't think 450 should be hard to reach. We'll find out in a couple of weeks :naughty1:

Good to know. You lost a motor right? Did you just put another stock one in? How much did that cost ya?

I lost a motor per say. I thought I did anyways. It turned out just being a retainer clip on a spring broke off. I could have fixed it cheap. Just bought another motor cause the old one already had 98K miles on it. I bought the new motor on here. It had around 25K miles on it and I gave $1900 for it.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Alright guys, I figure this would be a good place to ask this so here it goes. I have done a lot of searching but I still have a couple questions. Long story short, I bought a D1SC from my buddy. It came with the head unit and bracket, stage 2 intercooler, upgraded piping, intake, BOV, coolant tank, 10 and 14 lb pulleys with 8 rib set up, and the belt. I know I need injectors, fuel pump(s), and plugs.

My only mods are Hot Rods, o/r X, and 4.10s. This blower initially made 533 rwhp at 10 psi on my friends bone stock 2008 Bullitt(with 60# injectors and Fore triple fuel pump hat), but they pulled some timing and backed it down to 496 rwhp for the street. I am not worried about extracting every last hp out of this motor. I DD this car and just want a good, safe tune that will be fun on the street. My tuner(who also tuned the Bullitt) said he could pull some more timing and get it into the 470ish rwhp area. He also suggested dropping the rev limiter down to around 6400-6500 rpms just to be safe.

He also told me not to try and go the cheap route and to go ahead and get 60# injectors and a Fore triple pump fuel hat or GT500 fuel system and stay away from the BAP. But after reading on here, I see a lot of you guys are simply using a BAP with the Procharger piggyback. Like I said, I am not looking for max hp and realistically, will not be building the bottom end in the near future. I am probably not going to be installing it until the winter, so I have no problem saving money and doing it right the first time.

So my question is, what should I do? BAP and 39# injectors? GT500 fuel pumps and 60#? And if I do go with the BAP what fuel pump should I get? I am not sure if Procharger even sells the piggyback separately. Help! :help: Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
I have gt500's and 39's on mine.39's came with the kit so I used them.Bought the pumps for safety and growth.Can always go up to 60's when the block is built.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back