ProCharger and GT500 Throtle Body

2005redgt

Reaction score
I posted this over at MF.com but was hoping to get some more opinions ...

Has anyone tried the GT500 Throtle Body with a Procharger and seen any gains ? Going from 10# to 14# of boost raised the boost and changed the torque curve, but the overall RWHP did not change much. I was wondering if the stock TB was hurting it.

Experiences / Thouhts ?

-Bryan

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Ahh Bryan... I want to know the same things. Matter of fact I got a pm from GMS on thier 62mm TB for 380ish. I think your at the same boost. I think I have the 3.00 and was told from AIT that I can go down 1 more to ??? size. I felt a good difference in power, but thought there should be a little more. I think the TB would help but I know the finding a cold air solution would be a big help. When its cold out side and I stomp on it I scare the sheet out of myself.. its almost like a new animal or TS eater :thumb:. What size is the gt500 TB and Is ST the only one testing it? We need someone to test it on a Vortecth or AIT.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ted are you refering to a 3.00" blower pulley? If you're running the stock lower pulley, you are already maxxing out the blower (rated) RPM.

Be very careful when you talk to ATI (Prochargers) tech people. They don't know nearly as much as they should.....

lostsoul

Reaction score
haha.. thats true. I only knew the psi only but they didnt know what psi their pulley did for the stang. Strange. Either way I think I will leave it wheres it at. I need to work on getting colder air and maybe tb and suspension. where is an cold air intake for us? hahah

2005redgt

Reaction score
I am at the 3.55 (14# boost with my 9.0 C/R) right now and want to try a 3.3 - this should max me out at about 64K RPM's (at 6800 shift points). This might not gain me much in hp or boost, maybe 1-2 #'s, but it is cheap to buy the pulley.

I would love to try the GT500 TB, but would hate to spend $500 and it not do shiat.

-Bryan

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like I said over at the other place, I don't think we'll see gains the same as the draw thru setups.
Be patient and next time on the dyno, I'll pull the one off my V-10 (same as GT 500) and give it a try.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 TB has the butterflies spread out alot further than the stock TB. You won't be able to just bolt it to the stock intake without an adapter plate. The BBK twin 62mm matches the existing holes in the stock intake perfectly. I do believe that a bigger TB could benefit you.

lostsoul

Reaction score
ITs 369 here and I know people love to order from them

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtbbk.htm

the adapter might be a problem for us (procharged) so bkk looks like our only bet and its only 3 mm smaller. Its like if I was an inch longer..... still wouldn't make much of a difference :thud:

do we all agree that if we upgrade to BBK or gt500 we would need another dyno tune @ $300+

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Either RPM outlet is smoking crack or they are modifying the GT500 TB. The GT 500TB is a twin 60mm throttle body so the BBK is actually larger. You should not need a tune for a TB unless your current tune is off.

J

JAFO

I posted this over at MF.com but was hoping to get some more opinions ...

Has anyone tried the GT500 Throtle Body with a Procharger and seen any gains ? Going from 10# to 14# of boost raised the boost and changed the torque curve, but the overall RWHP did not change much. I was wondering if the stock TB was hurting it.

Experiences / Thouhts ?

-Bryan

perhaps like 10hp peak but I hear it helps across the range

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back