Project Break a Boss

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
God damn it. At least they are running with a solution, instead of just calling you to come collect your parts car.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Holy whatthefuck!!! I came into the thread hopin for a badass dyno run. Godamnit!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it really hit me this morning. Yesterday I was well it sucks, but JPC is getting everything sorted out and will see about getting everything done soon. Then this morning I am more upset and dissapointed then anything else. It sucks big time.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So did the injector fail open and wash down the cylinder? Or was it the opposite and you got detonation?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the injector fail opened as Eric said it appeared that the cylinder was washed out.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Well it was the piston, not the injector. Unfortunately it was a faulty piston that left me high and dry.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The piston maker going to cover it? If not who made the piston?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That I don't know, I know that JPC is going to cover my rebuild though.

JPC is pretty stand up from what I see. Defects and accidents happen, how well you are taken care of my those that make the mistakes says a lot.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
For sure, I just got a call from Justin today letting me know how everything was going and what the plan was on their end. They should have replacement pistons in 2 weeks and then putting it back together and back in the car and tuned will take a couple of days, but should be a very quick turn around since everything else is all set with the car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow, stand up for sure.

good luck getting it all sorted

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Holy shit! An aftermarket builder taking responsibility for a problem and fixing it on their own dime without a long, drawn out battle with the customer? I can't fucking believe it!

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah its good to hear they are stand up...too many times we here a different story. Good luck on the re-rebuild and dyno . Hope all goes well this time

travelers

Reaction score
That's great news that Justin is taking care of you. I guess it won't be done in time for Carlisle

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am very happy they are taking care of your ride my brother. Shit happens, but for them take responsibility is awesome. I will promote them in any way I can!!! You just don't see that sort of thing in today's world. Can't wait to see that beast rolling down the highway!!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It certainly blows for sure so the car won't be at Carlisle, but I will.

Holy shit! An aftermarket builder taking responsibility for a problem and fixing it on their own dime without a long, drawn out battle with the customer? I can't fucking believe it!

Haha I know right! Not something you see very often.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
So..... How's it going?

Well the motor is almost done, just has to be sent back to JPC. They got me 8 new pistons and sent them on their way to be coated and they came back looking purty. That is about all the news I have on the engine. I would guess it will be probably 2 weeks until I get the car back, but JPC is a professional shop and I doubt they will have much trouble droping the motor in the car and tuning it so maybe sooner, maybe later.

I also went on a bit of a shopping spree as I bought new wheels, center caps and the Ford Racing TPMS sensors. Wheels should be here tomorrow. I still have to grab tires, but I want to check fitment on them since they are made for the S550, but looking at the 2 pictures of them on the S197 they fit perfectly, but who knows if they still will when they are on a Boss 302 or a car with Brembos. I will post some pictures when I get them tomorrow :)

In addition to that, I got the RTR decklid today, the Raxiom 2013 taillight plastic triangle thingy for the 2013 taillights which should be here tomorrow along with one of the 2013 tail lights. The other one should be showing up next Saturday.

That being said I am not certain if I will be doing a 2013 rear end swap since if I did that I would have to go with the quad tip exhaust which is money!! If I don't I will go with the APR rear diffusor for the 2012 in Carbon Fiber which looks pretty nice to round out the back. Hmmm decisions decisions. I might need some help on that decision lol.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not so sure I'd change much on the look of your car other then the raxiom lights like you are doing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back