Project High Impact: 2013 Mustang GT500 Rear Lower Valance & Axle Back Muffler Instal

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
So are these 2013 GT500 mufflers noticeably louder than stock GT Mufflers?

alinkous

forum member
Reaction score
well, good thing I didn't order the older gt500 axelbacks.... Really would like to hear it with the cats put back on if thats possible.

Reaction score
From what I understand everybody is having problems getting these mufflers from ford in good condition, I was told that they ship them unboxed and and the tips and muffler body are getting all dinged up in transit ! are yall having the same issue ?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't heard of them being damaged. I know I can't keep them in stock though. They have filled our p/o's without any problems so far.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Do you have to hammer the metal flat under the body near the frame of the car where the GT500 axlebacks exit the valence?????????

neema

forum member
Reaction score
FYI magnaflow is making quad tip gt500 axle backs and cat backs. These are different from the first set of quad tip mufflers they released. Msrp is ridiculous ($1000+)... even the minimum Internet price is expensive($811 for axle backs), but you can find much better pricing if you look/email. here's a picture of how they look. LMR, how much would you sell just the rear valence for?

I've heard the same thing about oem mufflers showing up with welding spatter on the tips, being shipped with NO box (just a label stuck on), etc. Hopefully they'll start mass producing them as a ford racing set of mufflers so they're cheaper.

Last edited:

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have to hammer the metal flat under the body near the frame of the car where the GT500 axlebacks exit the valence?????????

Darren did you read my blog? Lmao all that tooning talk has your brain fried! :beer:

FYI magnaflow is making quad tip gt500 axle backs and cat backs. These are different from the first set of quad tip mufflers they released. Msrp is ridiculous ($1000+)... even the minimum Internet price is expensive($811 for axle backs), but you can find much better pricing if you look/email. here's a picture of how they look. LMR, how much would you sell just the rear valence for?

I've heard the same thing about oem mufflers showing up with welding spatter on the tips, being shipped with NO box (just a label stuck on), etc. Hopefully they'll start mass producing them as a ford racing set of mufflers so they're cheaper.

Right now we are only sell this set up as a kit.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Darren did you read my blog? Lmao all that tooning talk has your brain fried! :beer:

I did....lol. but in this pic it just looks like the rear frame support behind the foam support was "massaged".....maybe it's just an illusion. Too much Shroom tea I guess. LOL..

IMG_0029-2.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back