Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I'll have to check those mufflers out. As for Darren, I didn't realize he is now available for hire.

I'm happy to report that the exhaust has been leveled out properly and looks great. Getting an alignment tomorrow and will have the entire cross over welded to prevent leakage. I figured out that the banging I heard backing out of my driveway was from the OTA pipe banging on the panhard brace from sitting so low.

It's small accomplishments like these that make me continue working on a project. Lol

HOWEVER - I found out that my bumper took a huge hit on the bottom corner from when I went into the treacherous DC streets last week. I did not notice it until the car was on a lift. Pretty bummed about it, but our body shop will be repairing it next week along with painting the caps on my 10-14 mirrors.

So.... after all this has been taken care of, what shall I do next?

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Pretty much set on L&M NSR cams. I really want to pull the trigger now but I have property taxes coming up and need to take care of that.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I heard good things about the Dynomax Race Bullets. Do you have any pictures of the install?

How about clearance issues? I'm not "low" but I'm in the midst of correcting an issue where my midpipe is crooked and causing my passenger side OTA pipe to scrape on everything.

I'll get you some pictures of the install sometime next week.

I'm sitting on pro-kit springs and I don't drive my car any differently over speed bumps or inclines than I would in the wife's Kia, but... if your OTA pipe is already scraping then I foresee issues.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Is there any muffler, paired with an O/R H that sounds tailored? It's hard to explain, just looking for a smooth note that gets ridiculous if I want to get on it.
This may sound nuts, but have you considered putting a stock muffler back on it? At this point with the off road pipes, big cubes, cam, blower, etc you would probably get a GREAT tone with the stock mufflers. I always liked the sound of a really healthy engine that's been muffled.

And the '05-10 cars always had a nice sound when stock.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The stock GTB mufflers won't last very long behind a boosted car with no cats. I'm sure Brian/Skwerl will chime in on his experience.

Going to go the mid mounted muffler route to see what happens.

If that doesn't work then maybe I'll consider picking up some stock mufflers and see if I can avoid blowing them to pieces.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures.

Good news: The alignment and the welding of the H cross over went perfect. Left work and drove the car about 20 miles and it is SOOOOOO much better. The exhaust work made a huge different, it doesn't blap all over the place now. The biggest thing for me was the trumpeting when I was lightly accelerating. Now it doesn't which leads me to believe it was exhaust escaping from the H crossover.

Now... time for CAMS! lol

Pretty much all back into this project - Been daily driving this thing for a week now and it's been great. I'm driving the Shelby to the beach next week and then will garage it for a bit to keep the miles off. Time to give the Bullitt all the attention.

4fa276721dc9e85ec30837e50864f5c6.jpg

6f9dde9d25147a0152b5cb0fca6f2a3b.jpg

95b20287a8bbec0af433cb3d2ebf25e3.jpg

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Badass car, Cam. If it was DHG I probably would have been bugging you to sell it to me for the last year. One of my favorite Bullitts (other than mine).

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Lol. I hate black and the single biggest regret I had with this car is buying it in black.

Update, drove the car to work today and while the strut noise went away, there is still squeaking. Last night I didn't notice it... may have to do with ambient heat. Sounds horrible when turning sharply ... ugh I guess it's the struts.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Lol. I hate black and the single biggest regret I had with this car is buying it in black.

I always think about this with my cars. I say to myself, next one isn't going to be black. Next thing you know, I'm pulling up in a new black on black car. At least for a truck, I've convinced myself I need a Ruby Red.

Maybe black.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Finally figured out the horrific squeaking sound when I turned in the car. Turns out the mounts on the BMR K member aren't holding the engine in place and it was shifting side to side.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Damn, that doesn't sound good

Yeah it was pretty awful sounding. We could replicated it by wedging a pry bar and pushing the motor from one side to another. I got a video of it that I may upload.

The motor mounts work better when you put the bolts in them. :beerdrink:

Ain't that the truth. The hardware wasn't tightening them down enough so we just got new bolts.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Man that angle is messing with my eyes something fierce. Doesn't look open at all, but I like those pieces.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back