Radio will not shut off

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
when cutting the car off and opening the door to exit, the radio does not cut off like it is suppost to. I did a search and found ppl had issues with the shaker. My car has the nav touch screen. Any help is appreciated.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
That is an SJB function IIRC. Everything ok in that area?

all appears well and dry over there, no signs of water intrusion. Also when this happens the horn does not chirp when the doors are locked with the fob nor do the exterior lights come on when the doors are unlocked with the fob. The pwr door locks do work tho. If the battery neg terminal is pulled off for a few minutes and put back on all goes back to normal until the radio is turned on.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
First, pull the glovebox lid down and check the ground wire that is bolted to the crossbar in back of the glovebox. I left mine off while doing some work back there, and my radio would not turn off. It's worth checking.

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely SJB. Had the same problem. Radio wouldn't turn off, alarm would go off after I shut the car off, wipers would either stay on or not work at all.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
This is happening to my car now...all of sudden all the same symptoms as OP.

Checked sbj and is all dry and no signs of water corrosion either.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Also realizing my steering wheel won't lock up with the key out

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
all appears well and dry over there, no signs of water intrusion. Also when this happens the horn does not chirp when the doors are locked with the fob nor do the exterior lights come on when the doors are unlocked with the fob. The pwr door locks do work tho. If the battery neg terminal is pulled off for a few minutes and put back on all goes back to normal until the radio is turned on.

Do you have the hood pressure switch in your engine bay? It should be located right against the fender next to the fuse box. If you have one and it is faulty - it can mimic what you are describing.

Back