Rain water spilling out under passenger side dash

jfandel3

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me find the drain that collects rain water from the windshield/wiper area. I'm guessing there is a little tube that guides it out under the car and mine might be clogged with pine needles because a lot of water spills into my car following a night of rain. I have a 2006 v6

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Underneath the Windshield Cowl. Open the Hood. Remove Wiper Arms. Remove the Plastic Cowling on Both Sides. You will then see the Cabin Air Filter under there. Replace this as it is probably all full of old and mildew. At that point, look in the valley and you will see 2 black plugs. Most likely they are clogged with leaves. Very common concern with mustangs. You can either clean out the plugs and the water will drain outside like it is supposeed to or just remove the 2 plugs. This will ust allow more water to drain faster.

If this does not solve your issue, you have a body seam concern. 95% of the time it is the Drain issue.

jfandel3

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm working on it right now. Just pulled the rubber caps off and the bolts from each wiper. Now I'm just battling to get the wiper to pull free. I don't have a gear puller or anything. I'll let you know how it ends up going.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You can also reach the rubber grommets from underneath. Reach down behind the engine head and feel under the lip in the firewall. When you find the black rubber grommet just pull it out.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Do like skwerl said. You can pull the plugs out from the bottom. That's what I did. And you shouldn't need to remove the wipers to get the filter out.

jfandel3

Reaction score
I did what you guys said, reached under and felt for a rubber plug on the passenger side. I found one and when I stuck my finger up it, it was packed with pine needles. I pulled the clog out and a bunch of water came dumping out behind it onto the ground like it's supposed to. Thank you very much for the advice!!

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine was leaking on the passenger side where the wiper cowl piece attaches to the car. There are black plugs that the cowl sits in and they lead in to the interior of the car. I pulled the plug out, put silicone around it, and replaced it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back