Recommendations on an axle-back similar to GTAs

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
I have an ad in the 'WTB' section looking for a used set of GTA axle-backs, but it's not looking promising. Seems they've been out of production for some time. If I'm unable to source a set, what would you recommend that sounds similar to them on a bone-stock 05 GT? I've listened to endless clips on youtube, but the audio isn't the greatest, and nothing sounds really close. I'm open to opinions. If not GTAs, what else should I look at? Thanks.

Last edited:

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP M5230S. They are discontinued too but you might be able to find a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Noturavgstanggrl

Reaction score
I have an 06 gt with steeda axlebacks. I eventually added on an o/r h pipe but even without it was a considerable difference. I can get you a clip somehow if you'd like. (with the stock h pipe and without)

mustanger

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe the GTB's are still available and they are the same as the GTA just with a different tip. The KR's do sound great especially if the rest of your exhaust is stock. But I don't like they way they hang down a little bit. I like how the shape of the GTA/GTB mufflers tuck up out of sight.

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of GT500 mufflers off a 2010 GT500 that sound very close just a little louder.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back