Results of Realspeed Dyno day

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At least I know aproximately how much power my car makes now. Real Speed's Dyno is nicknamed the "heartbreaker" cause it reports so goddamn low, even for a Mustang Dyno lol

I made 560RWHP on 14psi with the converter locked up, and finished at 131mph.

With the converter locked up, I made 581RWHP and my MPH jumped to 137.

I run at the track without it locked up, but i finally see the benefit of locking it up haha. I think i can squeeze a 10.30 out of the car on 93 octane and 14psi with good air and lockup.

I was also advised to NOT lock it up as soon as I shift into third, rather estimating the halfway point between the 3rd gear shift and the finish line, and locking it up there. This was explained to me that it will give the trans and converter less of a hit, and make it easier on both.

I'll tell ya, 560RWHP really puts my 10.50's into perspective. Its doing a hell of a job.

Judging form the dyno, It looks like i should be adjusting my shift points some. Currently i run 10.50s shifting at 6400. But im going to raise it to 6700 or 6800 as i am still making power up there. Hopefully betweeen the shifting change and the lockup i can pick up another tenth or two.

Not the greatest scan, but you can see the results well enough

Oh and ignore the AFR ratio. He was reading from the tailpipe. I was reading on my gauge from the mid pipe. Mine was dead on at 11.6, and his was a full point leaner. We were both using NGK widebands with the NGK sensors. He calibrated his sensor after my car.

001-2.jpg

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
302 Stroker
Stage 3 heads, Stage 2 Blower Cams
KB 2.6H 14psi
4R70W Trans
full suspension

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Put some C16 or E85 in and bump up the boost for some 9's.

Also, I raced with my new converter locking in only 4th, and switch tune to lock it in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Gained .1 and 9-10 mph

Last edited by a moderator:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put some C16 or E85 in and bump up the boost for some 9's.

October 24th at my track rental i will be running 21psi and C16. Hoping for 9s

Also, I raced with my new converter locking in only 4th, and switch tune to lock it in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Gained .1 and 9-10 mph

Awesome Thanks for the reference point

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you where not locking the converter at all, not even in 4th, at the track with the 10.50 ets?

You definitely will pick up mph and drop ET, even if you choose to only lock it in 4th. You are going to be in the 10.30s easy, maybe faster.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you where not locking the converter at all, not even in 4th, at the track with the 10.50 ets?

You definitely will pick up mph and drop ET, even if you choose to only lock it in 4th. You are going to be in the 10.30s easy, maybe faster.

I only have 3 gears, lol and no i was never locking it up in third. I've never needed to shift to overdrive either, jsut 1, 2, and 3. In fact the ONLY time this car has ever locked up in third was on the dyno this past sunday. Previously i only locked it up in overdrive on the highway

I sure hope so. Would be nice to drop to the low 10's on pump gas. would all but guarantee my 21psi/C16 tune would get me into the 9s

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Mustang Dyno's are all know as "heartbreakers" as they read Substancially lower than Dynojets. Nice E.Ts for the HP numbers

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mustang Dyno's are all know as "heartbreakers" as they read Substancially lower than Dynojets. Nice E.Ts for the HP numbers

This one seems worse the most.

FWIW - last year after my motor was redone - the car made 770whp @ 19 psi and 17.5* max spark on L&M Engines dyno, this weekend it showed only 5 hp more then last year with 2 more # of boost and 3* more timing on the Realspeed Dyno. It was a damn surprise to me.

Bottom line a dyno is a tuning tool

Last edited:

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
This one seems worse the most.

FWIW - last year after my motor was redone - the car made 770whp @ 19 psi and 17.5* max spark on L&M Engines dyno, this weekend it showed only 5 hp more then last year with 2 more # of boost and 3* more timing on the Realspeed Dyno. It was a damn surprise to me.

Bottom line a dyno is a tuning tool

Thats IT!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back