Reverse lights randomly turn on

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
While driving, my backup lights turn on for no reason. I pulled the reverse sensor in the tranny and it is functioning fine. Simple continuity test while pressing the ball.

I can get them to shut off by shifting into reverse and back to gear or neutral. I am thinking the reverse sensor has gone bad.

Also, what would cause me to lose boost? The gauge drops to zero but no boost. did this once and after a shut down and refire, all was good. I am going to say a gremlin in the bypass. There is no other explination I can think of.

Thanks

Sent from my EVO

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Update!!!

Simple fix. Ordered a new back up sensor and the lights are fixed. In doing that, I figured out why I lost boost. When the lights were on, the computer shut off full throttle. guess you can't go fast in reverse.
While at Carlisle, epic drive down, I told this to the ford techs and I think I taught them something new.

So now all is good. Just something else to put into my bag of glitch fixes.

Sent from my EVO

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. I see cars all the time with screwed up reverse lights. Now I'll just think about how they aren't capable of using full throttle when their reverse lights are stuck on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back