Rich on one side - P2196 (passenger, bank 1)

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
I know that feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
What's this thread about again?
Lol.

I can't figure out why my COPs are not firing on the driver's side of the engine. I do not believe I installed the cams upside down. It's unlikely. I also don't know if it's just one COP, if it's random, or if simply none on that bank are firing. I just haven't had much time to look at it.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
If it's all 4 you would notice. Mine ran like a dump truck about shook itself apart. Easiest way to test for me was put a cop on with plug in and ground plug see spark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
It's been a year since I posted in this thread last, and I still have the problem. My buddy had the car for a few months and tried diagnosing it, and said that two injectors we're firing right. I pulled them again, but this time, sent them off to FIC. They tested fine and we thought it could possibly have something to do with the plastic adapters between the stock injectors plugs on the harness and the Boscsh 120lb injectors. FIC sent me a set of pigtails made specifically for that injector, but the car was outside, it was a shitty winter. By the time spring came along, our baby girl was born. Between work and baby, I haven't had time for much of anything.

During that time, I did get get the pigtails on, but the fuel pumps weren't running. I finally figured that out today. It was a bad ground on the relays, so the relays were never opening. I got everything cleaned up and it seemed to start/idle ok, of course, until I took it out.

So now I'm back to either something with the wiring or the driver's side cam being 180* off. The problem now is just time. I don't have the time to take the engine apart, especially considering the nightmare that comes with getting the turbos out.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I just looked at pics from when I put the engine back together, before this all started, and I'm 99.9% sure anything is 180* off.

Attachments

• IMG_20160111_065728011.jpg
    IMG_20160111_065728011.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20160111_065747291_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20160111_065747291_TOP.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 5

SVT Rider

Reaction score
I just looked at pics from when I put the engine back together, before this all started, and I'm 99.9% sure anything is 180* off.
I checked my photos from when I re-timed the system on my teardown, and both of your sides look good to me. The right bank has the three trigger fingers on the wheel pointing down and the the left bank has the three fingers pointing up.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Do the 5.4 chains have double black links on them?

Do you have a pic of the crank gear?

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I checked my photos from when I re-timed the system on my teardown, and both of your sides look good to me. The right bank has the three trigger fingers on the wheel pointing down and the the left bank has the three fingers pointing up.
Yup. Just like every other time I've installed it. I've had the teeth jump during initial startup, but have never installed them 180* off.

Do the 5.4 chains have double black links on them?
Yeah, they do. You just put the marks in-between the two. The crank position on the chain still has a single mark.

Do you have a pic of the crank gear?
I thought I did, but I can't seem to find it. Gonna look in my old cell phone pics. I dump those in a "random cell phone pics" folder every few months. But I did that part however the book told me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back