Rocker/Follower keeps breaking(exhaust)

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
I have been going through this since i changed my injectors, i get engine flud the whole time.(piston #1 and 2) i replaced the bosch injectors with ID's the car ran fine for 1 week. last night same thing happened to me i was just leaving my friends house normal driving, i did not even step on the car,

its not much of a hassle to change the rocker i just hate it, and each time its a different cylider it statred with #4 then 2, 8 , and now #6 now keep in mind that i am running trickflow followers and they have been good with me.

my rpm is set at 6000.

thank you all in advance for all the help

note: i did search on google only 1 post came with not much help.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been going through this since i changed my injectors, i get engine flud the whole time.(piston #1 and 2) i replaced the bosch injectors with ID's the car ran fine for 1 week. last night same thing happened to me i was just leaving my friends house normal driving, i did not even step on the car,

its not much of a hassle to change the rocker i just hate it, and each time its a different cylider it statred with #4 then 2, 8 , and now #6 now keep in mind that i am running trickflow followers and they have been good with me.

my rpm is set at 6000.

thank you all in advance for all the help

note: i did search on google only 1 post came with not much help.

So you are breaking the trickflow followers? Seems like the common denominator, what is the lift on those custom cams again and what springs?

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
So you are breaking the trickflow followers? Seems like the common denominator, what is the lift on those custom cams again and what springs?

yes breaking the trickflows, and exhaust only,,,those springs came from crower them self with titanium retainers,,,

Specs:
Intake-274 - Lift .548
Exhaust-278- Lift .548

LSA-114

Duation @ .050
Intake 226
Exhaust 230

Lobe Lift:
Intake .274
Exhaust .274

thank you for all your help

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Have heard of any other issues on ID's on Mseries? (maybe some driver issue, impedance incompatibility, et.) that leaves them stuck open?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
if that was the case why didn't break any from the intake followers?

seems to me there would be more force on the exhaust valve since it has to push against the combustion. Couldn't tell you for sure though. What has Crower said about the issue, or Trickflow ?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Different lobe specs for exhaust lobes vice intake lobes maybe and pressure. You have a very uncommon setup with an uncommon issue so its likely a cam spec/spring issue.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Have heard of any other issues on ID's on Mseries? (maybe some driver issue, impedance incompatibility, et.) that leaves them stuck open?

i will check my motec when i come back from work, if that i will reduce the voltage going to those injectors,,,,,thanks buddyy

seems to me there would be more force on the exhaust valve since it has to push against the combustion. Couldn't tell you for sure though. What has Crower said about the issue, or Trickflow ?
to be honest i have not talked to crower yet, but i will have to see

Different lobe specs for exhaust lobes vice intake lobes maybe and pressure. You have a very uncommon setup with an uncommon issue so its likely a cam spec/spring issue.

jeremy, i can understand what your saying, but this problem only started when i changed the turbo and the injectors, i did not have any problems for the past 6 months, i had 63lb from siemesn.

i replaced all 4 followrs from the driver side(with brand new trick flow), i will wait and see if get this problem again

thank you guys:highfive:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bigger injectors will mean a little more load, turbo swap might have an effect back pressure which could all play into more pressure on the exhaust valve. Just a guess then if you think its related to swapping those parts.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

i will check my motec when i come back from work, if that i will reduce the voltage going to those injectors,,,,,thanks buddyy

So a injector stuck open can cause a follower to break ?

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Bigger injectors will mean alittle load, turbo swap might have effect back pressure which could all play into more pressure on the exhaust valve. Just a guess then if you think its related to swapping those parts.

i will look into it

So a injector stuck open can cause a follower to break ?

i think it does, some how more fuel in there,,,,when i had the bosch injectors the car was running very bad the car broke 3 rollers at that time, and now with the new injectors only one broke,,,,i guess i ll have to wait and see ,,,,like i said i did not have this problem before:damnit:,,,,thank you guys

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
when i had the bosch injectors the car was running very bad the car broke 3 rollers at that time, and now with the new injectors only one broke,,,,i guess i ll have to wait and see ,,,,like i said i did not have this problem before:damnit:,,,,thank you guys

I guess Im not understanding. This only happened after the install of the IDs or this was in issue before the IDs?

vinnybarber

forum member
Reaction score
You have been lucky. When followers break on a 3v since they are so close the other 2 go also.
From my experiance followers start breaking when there is valve float

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
I guess Im not understanding. This only happened after the install of the IDs or this was in issue before the IDs?
no problems before changing the injectors

You have been lucky. When followers break on a 3v since they are so close the other 2 go also.
From my experiance followers start breaking when there is valve float
you are right but since the exhaust valve is in the bottom of the head the follower just stays there,,,2 times i drove the car for about 15 miles becz i had no other choice and made it home

Only on the exhaust side every time though?
yes sire,,,,,every time its an exhaust follower and each time its a different one

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
You just lucky you haven't been running at wot.
How is the car running when you hammer on it

The car is fine now. I was running late for a dr app I was pushing the car and it was fine
Even raced a vett last night The car is great

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back