Rotating assembly recommendations

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, so you use the lockouts and these covers to take the solenoid out of the equation, correct.

VistaBlueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Im building a stock crank/stock compression motor, lock outs and decided to go with high load springs. Not sure what boost will be but Im thinking about 16-18# through a 76mm ball bearing turbo on e85. The high load may be overkill but better safe than sorry.

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
Im building a stock crank/stock compression motor, lock outs and decided to go with high load springs. Not sure what boost will be but Im thinking about 16-18# through a 76mm ball bearing turbo on e85. The high load may be overkill but better safe than sorry.

What springs did you go with?

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
With lock outs will it take the lopey idle away at idle? Would limiters be a better option? Or is the general con census lock out, delete and jet the nitrous up or boost it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
Idle lope comes from a combination of cam duration and lobe separation angle.
It's a good idea to keep the stock VCT system unless you get high lift cams (.490+) that require locking out/limiting phasers because otherwise you give up horsepower or mid range torque.

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
I though VCT would play a little role or you wouldn't be able to "ghost tune" a lopey idle. I understand that locking/limiting the phasers isn't needed until a. The phasers get noisy b. You have a higher lift cam or c. Stiffer valve springs. The 20 hp you loose is easily overcome by jetting the nitrous pill. My question is locking the phaser a better option than limiting it in the above a,b,c scenarios? And is everyone locking them at full advance or full retard?

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Ghost tune is in the coyote not 3v world

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I though VCT would play a little role or you wouldn't be able to "ghost tune" a lopey idle. I understand that locking/limiting the phasers isn't needed until a. The phasers get noisy b. You have a higher lift cam or c. Stiffer valve springs. The 20 hp you loose is easily overcome by jetting the nitrous pill. My question is locking the phaser a better option than limiting it in the above a,b,c scenarios? And is everyone locking them at full advance or full retard?

Full advance is 0 degrees. Full retard is -60 degrees. There is only one option.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Full advance is 0 degrees. Full retard is -60 degrees. There is only one option.

latest

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back